Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First day of school...and my Brand New Niece!

There comes a day in every parent's life where they see their child get ready with their Brand New school clothes (unless you are my kids and don't want MOM to buy you any NEW clothes because you have "plenty at home".), eat a healthy breakfast to start their day (Cereal), brush their teeth (thank goodness, don't want them to be known as the Stinky Breath Kid), Take their picture...


That's right guy...you're a stud...



And walk them to school for their first day of FIRST GRADE...(unless you're my son who said, "Moooommmm" in a almost embarrassed voice, "I'm fine...I know where my school is and I can walk myself up there...I'm big now, I don't need my Mom to hold my hand" my response, "Sorry guy, you're only in first grade and you are not going to take this away from me, I'm walking you to school. Don't worry...I'll stop when you get to college! Now let me put my camera back inside and we will get you to school!". He smiled. I rushed in and set my camera down and rushed back outside, only to find my son half way up the street already! I thought this whole embarrassed by your parent thing started at a later age? What the...?)

But my little girl...PeePs...
She let me take her picture...

Begged me to take her to school...where you confidently walked in and took her reign as queen of Sass...(Don't worry...I paid my payment, just in case you were worried by looking at the picture above :))

Then....then...

I had 2 and 1/2 hours of blissful peace ALL.TO.MYSELF! That's right...I partied back in my bed and read Breaking Dawn...I finished it by the way! Because all of this happened last week! Anyone want to chat about it...there is stuff I'm dying to discuss!

Now meet my niece...I'm a BRAND NEW AUNTIE...AGAIN...


She has my side of the families fingers...long...
She can almost wrap my thumb with her long monkey fingers...
I didn't get a pic of me holding the sweet beautiful little girl...because I was holding her duh! But I stuck in this picture of my lil' sis, Suns Fan #2, so you could imagine me holding her...Just add freckles...a little more weight...little less beauty...and spaces in her teeth... and you will see me! Awesome...oh and we have the same size breasts...so that doesn't change...hers are just more perky...Dang!

17 comments:

binks said...

Oh, the memories. Do you think my 18 year old will let me walk him to college? What a beautiful family. And that little one is so precious. Great photos!
Too bad my "new" auntie days are over, I do miss the little ones.

binks said...

Oh yeah - we watched that Transformers movie this weekend. Has anyone told you that you look like Megan Fox? I think so, I do!

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

They grow up so fast.

Shannon said...

I love the first day of school.

Congrats on your new neice... she's a cutie. Love the 2nd picture of her. And I just became a "new" aunt again on Friday! :)

brooken'dus said...

haha you are not less pretty you butt!! I don't know what YOUR talking about!! Your peeps' hair is getting SO long I can't belive it!! And I can't belive you got that long to yourself!! And what It only took you like 6 years to get it!!

Kritta22 said...

I LOVE her name!!! Love it!!
Congrats and having your house to yourself. Whatcha gonna do with your new found freedom?
Did you register yet so we can play?
I'm halfway through number 2 but I can't stay up until 3am tonight. I HAVE to sleep sometime.

Aubrey said...

What a great day you must have had! Gotta love the new additions!

Kaci said...

Awhhh your new neice is so cute I love her name! Congrats Auntie!

Spencer said...

cool pix

MomMega said...

Your kids are SO DARN CUTE!! And I could just gobble up that baby!

Dopp Family said...

Shelle... your kids are sooo cute!! I can't believe Slade is in the first grade already...crazy! Is that Ryan's new little baby? Congrats on being an auntie (again).

I don't know when my baby shower will be, but most likely the first or second week of September. You will definitely get an invite!

DeGraffenried's said...

Congrats on the peace and quite of 2 1/2 hours! I get it next year!! Adorable baby!

Smonkey Mama said...

I am lucky enough to get about 1- 2 hours of peace when the boys go down for a nap. Wish it was longer! Oh well, I will take what I can get! :) I loved the pics of new baby. She is a cutie!
When are we getting together?
I need some help with my blog. I will have to come visit you when you are free one of these days! Call me!!
BTW, you and your sis are BOTH beautiful you dork!! :) :) :)

Barbaloot said...

Oh-I will SO discuss Breaking Dawn with you! I finished it on the plane back from China:)

Natalie Sue said...

Oh, congratulations on the first day of school...and your free time!!!! And so fun to see my second cousin! She's adorable! hahah.. you know what I just realized.. YOUR kids are my second cousins.. that seems weird cause I'm old and they are young.

Amanda said...

Those pictures of the baby are amazing. Nice job.

I haven't finished the book yet, but I am dying to read about all the vampire sex I've been hearing about. : ) Just kidding, but all my tight laced friends are appalled.

Shelle said...

Binks--you are now officially my MOST favorite person for giving me that compliment! Thank you so much! Transformers is one of my all time favorite movies! :) Oh and Yes I give you permission to walk your son to college :)!

SHannon-Congrats to you too! Don't you love that you can enjoy the new babies without having to deal with the rest of it! :)

Kritta-I haven't signed up yet..but I will. And NO you don't have to sleep...who needs sleep?

Dopp Family--Yes that is Ryan's new little one...and I better get invited to your baby shower...that's all I'm saying!

Smonkey Mama-Hey...I'm good to get together this weekend and Wii it out! So anytime is good for me...and I would love to help you with your blog! :)

Natalie--that is exactly how your dad and Craig are to me...they are cousins but so much older...it's weird! I thought they were my Uncle's for forever! lol!

Amanda--I love shocking the straight laced ones! lol! That is nothing...it was way calm to me! :) Can't wait to hear your FULL opinion on it!

Barbaloot suit--I'm completely jealous of your trip to China...what an experience!

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad