Friday, April 23, 2010

Come Meet ME and free the prejudice!!!

I use to feel sheepish (I'm actually ashamed to say that) when I first started this whole blogging thing when I'd take actual time to drive to someone and meet them.

I can't tell you how I've been laughed at for making trips to attend bloggy get togethers.

"Now what are you doing up here" -one of my family members would ask.

"I'm going to meet some bloggers. Like a blogger get-together". I would say, somewhat sheepishly.

"Who are you going to lunch with?" a co-worker would ask.

"Some blog friends." I would say.

April, Me, T, and Tauna

My husband never mocked me (in front of my face)... he's cool to just let me do what I want... most of the time anyway ;) Shelle Edit: He even came with me to meet VAL!!! We had custard with her last weekend!!! I love you I love you!

Then after a few times these women, these INCREDIBLE women, became my really good friends...

And you know what? Why should I feel sheepish about meeting good friends?

Even the ones I haven't met in Real Life...I still think of them as really close friends--Like Kritta and Anjeny and Blogging Mama and Wendy and Chief and SO MANY OTHERS...

So what if I meet them in the blogging world? Does that make it silly? I guess that depends on how much you understand blogging?

So now I am not sheepish about it... in fact, I'm excited and probably over gush about it. I try to make as many things as I can and not look or seem like I'm a stalker.

I feel really lucky these ladies are a part of my life, truly. And it is so nice to walk into those things and hearing your name "Shellie!!!" (even though my name is actually Shelle, or Shell if that's easier-- I look past that:) and you get embraced with a big hug and a big smile!

This is Sherrie the PianoRunner who has an amazing piano CD she has out and we have tried to meet for SO LONG and finally got to last weekend at the GNO Sassy Scoops event.

Here are some others that I knew or met. Veronica, Sherrie, Amber, Annie, Motherboard, Kristina, and me.

You're missing out if you don't take the opportunity to meet those bloggers you love to read when you can. I'm just telling you.

Plus I want to convince you that I want to meet YOU, yes you, and you, ummmm...not you, OH! Yes...YOU FOR SURE! And when you meet me we need to have a picture taken so I can put it on my Shelle Blok's Facebook page under my famous "Bloggers I've Met" Photo Album.

Your. Welcome.

Let's stand against our prejudice of meeting "bloggers"--WHOSE WITH ME!!! (Fist Pump)

You'll have your chance tomorrow morning at THIS event!!!
Service Soapbox Baby Shower

So COME ON! Come join in for a good cause and meeting some of your favorite people!!! Hope to see you there!!!

Love,


P.S. I also wrote about the bad things my husband teaches my kids... Real World Venus vs. Mars... questionable...very very questionable.

28 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Seriously! I wanna meet you too!

Kritta22 said...

When are we gonna do that?

Kritta22 said...

You met Annie????

She's so cool!

(We're from the same state!)

Kritta22 said...

I need to move to Utah to meet all your cool people.

You think the President (our boss) will make that happen??

Kritta22 said...

Or maybe Las Vegas....we could move there!

Kritta22 said...

I have a new love/fight relationship for Nerf guns.

I think they are really fun! But I hate that they are so tough to load. Every bullet Connor has to have me reload...not so fun when you don't get to shoot it!!

Kritta22 said...

Well I left ya some comment love! Off to go leave love on Crash's blog.

SciFi Dad said...

I don't think it's a good idea for you to meet me... not many people can handle this much awesome.

mother goose said...

how fun! I so wish I lived in UT, all the bloggers live there!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Kritta-- Ditto

soon, very very soon I hope

Annie's freaking incredible, love her!

I'll email your boss...I may have some sway.

Las Vegas is cool if you don't live anywhere near the strip!

Oh my boy has had a few of those...and it sucks when you have to help them with stuff like that because it's every other minute!!!

Thanks for the comment love Kritta!!!

SciFi Dad--LOL...thanks for the warning!

MotherGoose--Only the ones that I have been able to meet..except for two special ones!!!

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

I said this same thing to Crash today...there must be something in the water over there in Utah cause y'all have all the cool bloggers!

That's it. I'm going to BlogHer and I'm going to get my picture with you! Cause...

Who blogs in Kentucky? No One.

(Go ahead, check over at Crash's, I said the same thing!)

Kristina P. said...

Yay! Can't wait to see you again!

Barbaloot said...

It's definitely been fun to meet bloggers in real life-although it's not something I do super often. I'm happy for all the people I've met, and for all the friends I haven't met not in "real life."

T said...

Awwww... of course, you'll remember that the ManOfTheHouse was worried that I'd be abducted by crazies the first time I said I was going out to lunch with you, April and Pat... Now I can just say I'm hanging with some good friends :)

Anjeny said...

You know I would be there in a heartbeat if I live anywhere near you or your state, right? I do too wanna meet you too and Julie. I'm pretty sure if the three of us get together at the same time people would start holding up the sign of the cross at us whenever they see us, don't you think? LOL

You Utah bloggers seem to be having all.the.fun, soooo not fair! (hear the whiny tone? yep, that's me stumping my foot..LOL)

Oohhh, look at Kritta..you know, I miss her comment love she leaves around the blogland.

Anjeny said...

Oh yeah...I would totally love to meet April, NHC and T..It would be one totally fun occassion.

That picture of you with Sherrie looks really nice, she looks so down to earth. I definitely would love to meet her...:( too bad none of you are making an appearance here on this island. (~~sighs~~) Oh well...

Laura said...

Looks like fun. I have meet one blogger friend.. and it was great.

Lisa said...

I would LOVE to meet some of my blog friends. I really feel closer to some of them than I do to some IRL friends. You seem fun! I'd love to meet you but there's a lot of miles between us. ;(

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
val of the south said...

Shafted! I didn't even get honorable mention...and we just hung out this week!!!

Which was tons of fun by the way! Thanks for the yummy custard, and I loved meeting your husband. I always worry that I'm too chatty...which I totally am!! :)

See ya manana!

Malea said...

All that way just to see you? Meh. Let's just say we tag up on the corner of 6th and 6th during the next major holiday when both our family's do a get together. Other than that, you can just give Matt a random high five next time you see him, and I'll totally feel the love by proxy. Happy traveling.
ps, if I didn't already know you, I'd totally think this was a thing that all the cool kids do.

Camille said...

oh my gosh! I'm finding out all of these bloggers that were at the same SassyScoops GNO as I was - and I never got to meet them (you)!! dang it!

Curse those that mock you for meeting bloggers "IRL" (as they say). Honestly, my best friends I've met through the blogging world.

Will you be at the CBC? Maybe I'll meet you there.

P.S. Is that "Tauna" as in Tauna Egan from the Garden of Egan? Love her!!

Kat said...

I think meeting new people is always fun!

IWA (e - va) said...

I was just thinking about the same thing this past week, because i ran into Anjeny at the grocery store and we totally hugged and chatted like we've been friends forever even though that was only like the fourth time ive seen her! but really I totally felt like Ive known her my whole life because of her blog!

Ive always felt a little weird meeting bloggers for the first time because even though we are strangers we know them so well from their writing and have felt their pain and sorrow and laughed with them and at them.

I would love to meet you one day.. i bet you would just make us laugh and laugh and laugh!

April said...

Oh how I've missed Kritta and her comments! KRITTA!!!! I have had so much fun with these ladies! We laugh and talk, get serious and sometimes pop a tear. That's what connecting in real life or on blogland is all about! LOVE IT!

Always Home and Uncool said...

We have a local blogger get-together every few months. People think we were weird. They are correct.

Do our video chats count as meetings? If we each have a sandwich while chatting, does that count as a lunch date?

Just Jules said...

best day of my life was meeting you irl. i have a wall size blow up of our pic..... candles lit all around it, a few pieces of your hair that stuck to me, and that recording I took when you didn't know playing of your voice over and over..... yeah, it was great

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad