Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Surfing the Sites...

Okay...I've been blog surfing...

Which I haven't done in a REALLY long time. Because I'm happy with finding blogs through comments.

I LOVE witty comments. I use to NEVER read comments, but then decided to, and it's funny when the blog owner comments back to the comments and other people are commenting about other people's comments...kinda like over at Crash's Place. It's one big comment party everytime.

But there is no way to find a better blogger than a witty comment. Honestly.

But I've been blogging around, surfing if you will and came upon some fun and funny and heart wrenching finds. But all have one thing in common...they are COMPLETELY HONEST!!!

I'll just post a few today because I have little time...but

First of all,

I found Roy's Progress, I think because she came over and commented on my site...or she could have commented on someone else's site and caught my attention...either way. I LOVE her complete HONESTY and openess about what is going ON in her life and her husband's.

What a GREAT journal for those that follow in their stead! Honestly. Such a GREAT site AND she give's away stuff...fun and good stuff...I'm captivated and completely happy when things are going good, and my heart turns over on a bad day.

Anyway...I like her.

Then I found this site. Hot Dads.

A guy I follow and think to be an EXCELLENT writer, writes for it, so I naturally surfed my way over there and read some of the posts. It's relatively new...and it's not for the faint of heart.

Talk about CRUDE humor and posts...these guys are all male, married or completely involved, and very OPEN about how they feel. Some swear, they talk about sex, yet they give you a look into the FATHERLY, male psyche. So my PG friends...I'm not telling you to go check it out...because it's probably not for you, and I like to keep my site PG to PG-13 rated...but...I mention this site because...

It brought something to my mind.

Maybe I need to start a HOT MOMS site just to counteract their posts? I mean, I did beg my way into being nominated as HOTTEST MOMMY BLOGGER (that's a subliminal message to vote for me, because I'm WAY to shy to shout it out, but I am on page 6 now of like 12...so I'm movin up!!!)...so I think that gives me apt experience to begin the site...(LOL...okay, I'm kidding). But I do think it would be hilarious, because I'm sick like that, but don't know if THEY would think it was funny...but the more I think about it the MORE I want to...

None of them really read my site so it's not like they would catch on for a while...but it would be funny to read the male perspective and then have a female's perspective counter what they said. The guy that I follow has a He said/She said sort of thing already on his blog...very fun to read.

I don't know. Sort of funny.

Anyway...I can't REALLY tell if any of them are Hot either? Because you can only really judge from their profile pics...and since its WAY tiny (That's what She Said...hehehe) I can't really tell.

Maybe I should ask TAMN??? She would know.

But they have minds and indulge in blogging which makes them blog hot...and they love fatherhood, and you know how I feel about Dad's and their kids.

So anybody want to write for a HOT MOM'S site? lol!

Last but not least is a good Blog Friend of Mine who I found MONTHS ago. She's younger and smarter than me...which you can see from her writing...but she's hilarious and has a sense of humor to BOOT. It's Barbalootsuit! Talk about HONESTY...she is totally open about her dating life. Well if she tells us her experiences anyway! But the girl is WITTY in her posts and WITTY in her comments...I LOVE reading her...

She doesn't write enough in my point of view...but she comments all the time and that is almost better! :)

Okay...sharing what I find.

Love,

Shelle

31 comments:

T said...

I'm imagining what my hubby would say if he clicked the history open and it said "Hot Dads"... hahaha, it might be worth checking it out just for his reaction :)

I'm sure you could get the hot dads involved in a few Mars/Venus discussions if you started up a hot moms blog...

Would we have to submit a head-shot to be considered "hot"

Heidi Ashworth said...

Thanks for sharing! (Ah, nuts! There was nothing the least witty about that, was there? I think I need me some sugar.)

Anjeny said...

Cool post. I like the part about the guy bloggers. Hey, you can count me in if you are going to start a hot mommy blog or a counteract of their hot daddy blog. I don't mind being totally R rated elsewhere..LOL..I have to keep my blog PG for my kids' sake. Can't believe they read my blog...I have to edit my posts all the time, the rascals.

So I am going to be first in line to sign on to ur hot mommy blog, not that I'm hot mind ya, I'm just build weird. LOL

Barbaloot said...

My head just grew about a foot with that shout out!! You are the nicest person ever. Seriously.

And also, I'm totally avoiding that dad site---I learned my PG-13 rated lesson on your last post.

T said...

okay - I felt a little silly voting for the "hotness" of another female - but I got over there and FINALLY made my votes count (something was seriously WRONG last time) ... of course I had to try 5 different usernames before they'd let me move on...

Melinda said...

OH my gosh--"thats what she said!" hahahahahaha That totally made me laugh outloud!! hehehe
I think a hot mom blog would be fantastic, I'd contribute, I don't mind sharing!
I think it sounds totally funny and interesting too, now I'm going to go over and check out the hot dads! See ya! :)

Youngblood4ever said...

I jaunted over to Hot Dads- wow- if they are as hot as the stuff they write, yum! Wait, I'm married...I didn't say that!

I am a comment junkie, too. Can't always come up with the witty stuff, but when I log on to my blog dashboard and see the comments that I need to approve it is better than "You've got mail", or the UPS guy stopping in front of my house, or even Christmas morning opening presents. This is why- everytime I write, there will be at least one fabulous person out there who reads my blog and comments. So, if I blog everyday, that could be up to 365 comments (at least) and that is way more presents than I get on Christmas!

T said...

just me... trying to contribute to your comment repartee and keep things going :)

Barbaloot said...

Props to T for carrying on her one-sided conversation herE:)

sara said...

If I'm neither hot nor a mommy can I still participate. I always wanted to be part of the in crowd.

clan of the cave hair said...

I am the ultimate Venus when it comes to communicating with Mars...either that or JP is the ultimate Mars when it comest to communicating with Venus. Either way, you can present to us each a talk about cheese and He'll be thinking about the man on the moon and I'll be thinking about stuffed olives.

Becky said...

Barb is fab, isn't she?

I've kind of hit a brick wall with blog surfing, or even picking up new blogs through comments. I've found that blogging takes a lot of time anyway (shocker, right?) and the more people I read, the crazier it gets. Maybe in a month or so I'll get back on the wagon.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

K I'm pEE-OD because I wrote this LONG really funny comment and then tried to submit it and it BALKED on me!!! Stupid computers!

Basically what I said is that my imaginary HOT MOM blog is starting to dig it's roots in and I JUST might want to try it!!!

Seriously, how cool would that be if it got really popular and you had guys and gals just battling it out...we might even be able to UNDERSTAND one another! Nah...that's asking TOO much!

T--thanks for staying around...my comment box isn't nearly as cool as Crash's..because half the time I'm not around...but NEVER feel dumb voting on a women's HOTNESS...especially one with underwater pics...lol!!!

Heidi-GET BETTER...get some sugar and then get back to me...

ANJENY!!! You are DEF hot...and if my imaginary blog becomes real...you'll HAVE to contribute...I mean who ELSE is going to keep it real?

Barb--until you find your FOREVER man...it's probably a good idea to stay off HOT DAD's site...but you can contribute to my imaginary HOT MOM'S site...you AND SARA...even though you are NOT Mom's, you are HOT and you have the VENUS perspective!!!

Melinda--sweet you are on board for my imaginary HOT MOM's Site...just because you thought "That's what She Said" was funny! :)

Young Blood--HELLO, high freakin five! I mean, it's pretty hot for a guy to write period, but even hotter when they are blatant and honest!!! lol! It's okay to appreciate the male mind...HELK they appreciate OTHER female things and we have to deal! :)

So Clan you are on board for HOT MOM's!!! lol! We would just wait for THEM to post and then counter whatever they say...so the greatest thing is WE DON'T HAVE TO COME UP WITH OUR OWN CONTENT!!! :) Who's smart? ME!

Becky--I feel ya...I just had to decide that I read a few a day and then that way I wouldn't care if I added another one...because I didn't pressure myself to read it everyday...but I definitely understand! :)

That is why I hardly EVER do it anymore! :)

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Oh and T. your head shot right now will work! I mean...that's a real life drawing of you right? :)

roy/elisabeth dean said...

OMG! I would SO love to counteract that blog with a HOT MOMs post! I can't do it on my blog...everyone would wonder if my hubby was really sick or if he is just faking cancer because I'm such a B***H~ It is funny to read what is going on in these guy's minds (not that it's so different from what's going on in our guy's minds). They do seem to love their girls and kids!
Thank you for the sweet things you said about my blog...yes, I'm honest to a fault. Sometimes, my daughters call me to ask me to take something off....what? the blogging world can't know that Aunt Flo came to see them? Even if it pertains to something that happened as a result?
I have to keep it in check~
Have a great day,
♥ Lilly

Sandi said...

You definitely need to get a hot mom posse going- it would be hilarious! WE can't let those men go unchecked. Great idea!
p.s. PERFECT execution of the "thats what she said"!

Aubrey said...

I don't know if you would want me to be a contributor. I got lots to say! LOL

Thanks for the links. I am always looking for blog #1000000 to add to my list!

Anjeny said...

Ok Shelle, I checked out the hot dads blog. Now I think you should really start that counteract blog. The stuff they write over there are no different from what my hubby bugs me about...eheheh.

It would really be cool to see how far each group can go.

I am sooo laughing at young's comment. She's one funny gal.

wendy said...

Hey, I like blog surfing. I like funny, witty, honest comments. HONEST I do. I like PG 13, so I'll be checking out the guys blogs. And I think a Hot Mamas would be good ---what about Hot Grandmamas!! Hel-looo. We are out there "lurking". I am Honest, I can fake hottness, and I have 3 tatoos.....

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Just so everyone knows...I just read MORE of their posts and the new post today...ummm...some of the posts MIGHT be rated R? I should check those things first!!! :)

Anyhow...Since a lot of you like the idea of HOT MOM's BLOG...maybe we should do it?

I'm so scared!!!

We should have someone design it and stuff...any ideas?

T said...

Helk yeah that's a drawing of me... it's just coincidentally similar to an old drawing of Audrey Hepburn (who was plenty hot in her day)...

Scary Mommy said...

How smart are they? How did they manage to think of that first, LOL?!

(And I don't really do full out web design, but I could totally do a banner if you wanted. Let me know!)

Loralee and the gang... said...

Thanks for the comment on Noelle's post, and backing me up!
You have a great blog, but I don't remember how I found you...
Your Hot-Mom's thing reminded me of this funny story. My husband thought it would be just hilarious to teach our youngest (of 7), when he was just learning to speak, to say "momma's hot!" He learned that he got the best reactions when he said it really loudly in the grocery store...he's still a fun kid like that, but luckily he has forgotten That little line...

Barbaloot said...

Hi---yes, you totally should do your hot mom's blog. Don't be scared, I doubt you could get food poisoning from something like that:)

clan of the cave hair said...

don't be skerred! and yes, we should have somebody design it. It should probably look like the evil-venus-version of whatever they have going on over there.

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

I love the HotDads and some of their bloggers. Check out CoachDad. He's pretty funny.

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

Forgot to say I"d be on board for a hot moms site :)
Completely.

ukyankoz said...

K, so I'm not a mom and only my hubby thinks I'm hot - does that count? Can I be on your Hot Moms blog? (Oh, and I read a leeetle bit of the Hot Dads blog and yeah, kinda R-rated. We could totally rock it!)

Nan said...

Can a not so hot any more grandma, who tries to stay "cool" contribute sometimes too?

I always read the comments, some good stuff there, Heck, that's how I found you isn't it?

I just thought your comment was so witty and interesting on Tiff's blog that I had to come over and see for myself it you were as funny in "person" on your blog! [which you are, and I do appreciate it, that's why I visit, cause I need a laugh!]

I giggled like a 'tween-ager' when I read your "that's what she said" comment! LOL

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

Hey! Hot Dads - too funny...they have A LOT to say...and they say WE bitch and complain!?!?! Damn!

Good stuff over there. Thanks for sharing :)

Angie's Spot said...

I love the idea of a Hot Moms blog! And I would love to write for it because I keep my blog pretty PG and could use an outlet to let loose with some copy that wouldn't fly on my blog. :-)

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad