Monday, February 23, 2009

I think I'm taping into my inner testosterone...and I'm scared!

Okay all you boogers...coming out of your lurking corners to comment on my predicament! It was SOOOO good to hear from ya'll...even if you were laughing at me, but honestly it was WITH me...because I'm sure it won't get on the show...especially after ALL the photo's that are turned in...ya know?

Anyhow...

I'm a little worried about myself.

I think some kind of testosterone personality is invading my petite womanly personality!

Remember a few weeks ago where I watched the WHOLE Super Bowl...even though I've NEVER done that before?

And what about a few months ago where my husband forced me (in a nice but totally cheat way) to watch UFC with him...there was a like a Marathon of it going on...and I got PULLED in? I didn't tell you about that because I am somewhat ashamed, I mean its not something ladies usually sit around and talk about during tea or anything..really, I can't stop watching IT!!! The BLOOD...the TENSION...the ANGER...the COURAGE...and the HONOR.

I want to be appalled by it, but I just can't. Instead I find myself picking who I want to win...and then taking great satisfaction when that person pounds the other person into submission or by TKO!!! It's crazy!

So not two weeks ago I was surfing channels because there was nothing on and got up into the SPORTS channels and landed on BULL RIDING.

BULL RIDING!

And I was hooked like a hungry FISH!

Right now they are in the Built Ford Tough Series (BFTS) and there are Professional Bull Riders competing to be in the BIG ONE...which I have gathered is in VEGAS...I still know next to nothing...but found that I watch the last hour and a half of it.

Then Saturday night...no lie guys...I spent 3 HOURS watching BULL RIDING!!! 3 HOURS!!! I have NO idea how the points system works...but I do know they need to stay on for 8 seconds to get ANYWHERE...and they don't only have to ride ONCE but a couple of times...

Every time they fell it was like watching someone go through some kind of initiation. EVEN when they reach 8 seconds...they still have to get off a BUCKING bull! What the What?

I'm not going to lie...some of those bull riders are down right NOT cute, but some of them, SOME of them...ARE. So that helps in the watching! Does that make me more feminine now?

And I learned the bulls have their OWN following and groupies...

Now this is where it gets scary. After 3 HOURS of watching Bull Riding...I found myself putting on my DVR to record ANY bull riding when it comes on AND

...AND

I want tickets to the FINALS in VEGAS...that's right.

Don't Judge me.

I might even find a baby doll dress to wear with cute boots and tan myself...but the BIG hair is out. I watched Bull Riding 101--here you guys go in case anyone wants to go to VEGAS with me...I want people around me to know what they are talking about and watching! :)



Anyway...am I taping into my inner testosterone?

Should I be worried?

How was your weekend?

I'm so sad I missed Kristina P.'s get together, I actually would have been there had I been able to get a hold of my lap top the last few weeks...my husband has been needing it for SCHOOl...as if! Annette was there and so was SHERRIE...not to mention Kristina's Snuggie...so sad I missed it, never again ladies...NEVER AGAIN!!!

Love,

Shelle

36 comments:

ukyankoz said...

Wow...um, I don't really have a response to this...except that I don't judge and I accept all lifestyles and if it doesn't hurt anyone I don't see a problem with it! I don't know if you're tapping into your inner testosterone, or some other more devious, weird hormone, but enjoy it, whatever it is!

(Oh, and if you're going to the finals of bull riding, do the big hair, girl! Go all the way!)

Barbaloot said...

I'm sorry you missed the lunch, too. I was fully there---and would've loved to have one more person that I fake knew (since there were tons that I did not).

And also---if you want to become a small bit more feminine---why don't you watch "8 Seconds." It's about a guy that Bull Rides. I think it's a good match:)

Annette Lyon said...

You know, I can see how there would be a funky train-wreck type fascination with watching bull-riding. Not that I have any desire to find out.

(Wish you were there on Saturday!)

Anjeny said...

Hmmmp, I don't think there is anything testosterony about you watching bull riding. I mean there are even women who ride the thing. Now that I've read what you wrote about it, I'm actually curious to go watch it.

Sorry you missed Kristina's get together. You should definitely put your hubby on time out for taking your lap top, doesn't he know it's blasphemy to take a woman's pc when its sole purpose is blogging? LOL

Anyways, if you have time, I did a photo tag and you're one of the IT so please check it out, it was posted on Friday. Being the great photographer that you are, I would so love to see what picture you have in your sixth folder, aight? Thanks

Oh yeah, sorry your son is sick and the loss of your 3 followers. Very rude of people to stop following like that.

J'Ollie Primitives said...

Uh oh. First it's bull riding.
Then it's NASCAR.
Then it's the slippery slope to WWF...or whatever it is that they call that fake wrestling.

Kristina P. said...

The meet and greet was awesome. Next time, Shelle!!!

McEwens said...

Bull riding is an AWESOME sport to watch!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

I am ticked cuz I just wrote this big ole long comment about how I too lost 2 followers, but it's not here now! What the what?

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Okay, I'm back.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

I decided I'm going to pull a Kritta and write every sentence in a seperate box so you get loads of comments.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

I think you deserve it after losing 3 followers.

I lost 2 followers this week too.

It's so nice that I can run to you and commiserate with you when this happens.

You understand me, because you are a loser too.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

We're both losers, but winners.

I didn't mean that in a rude way.

I think we should take it as a compliment.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

It's better if someone strongly dislikes you than if they just don't notice you, right?

Right?

Right?

Right?

The Crash Test Dummy said...

In fact I am so cold and calloused right now about that it didn't even phase me when I noticed I lost a follower this morning.

I was like OH WELL! I'm that tough.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

In fact I am so cold and calloused right now about that it didn't even phase me when I noticed I lost a follower this morning.

I was like OH WELL! I'm that tough.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Ooops, a double whammie. Sorry.

Oh well, at least you will look more popular.

Okay, so here's the thing . . .

The Crash Test Dummy said...

I was stone cold hearted about it until I realized who it was . . . JAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the what?

Jami? My soul sistah? Hello????!!

It would be like you abandoning me. That's how much it cuts like a knife.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Do you feel sorry for me?

I'm starting to feel self conscious taking up so much of your comment box. I'm sticking out like a sore thumb. I don't know how Kritta does this? It's a lot of pressure.

But it's also fun to think of you seeing your comment box all full and thinking WOW, I am so popular. And then looking and seeing it's just me and thinking, "OH! What a tamn dummy!"

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Okay, one more. And this is about your post.

I'm totally scared for you. I think you might need some therapy.

I just dropped by to let you know that I probably won't be following you anymore. I hope you don't mind.

I just can't follow someone who DVR's some cute and some not cute cowboys in uber tight jeans gyrating all manly-like and provacative on a vicious animal.

But can I come with you to vegas in my betty boop dress?

Oh, and that was really RUDE what you said about big hair!

Who's being bratty now!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

At least I told you that I'm jumping ship. That's what real freinds DO! JAMI! You hear that? REAL friends don't just disappear off the face of the earth with no explanation.




btw, I'm not really jumping ship. Just thought I'd let you know. I'd never turn my back on my twin, even if she goes all creepy cowboy on me.

hee hee J/K all you creepy cowboy lovers. I've gone through bullride watching phases.

The Wixom Zoo said...

You totally could hang out in Idaho! Yep, lots of Wranglers with BIG belt buckles get worn here... I'd go with you to Vegas! Do you think my kids would survive on stale Mac&Cheese until I get back???

Emily Anne Leyland ( Art-n-Sewl) said...

haaaahhahahahaahhahahahhahahaha...you're too cool. Hey- did you get the pictures??? Just curious. :)

Sandi said...

LOL at Crash trying to be Kritta-like to up the comments.haha. I am still mystified about why followers leave- I mean if you don't wanna read it anymore, don't read it, but why would you bother to actually remove yourself from the follower list? I hereby pledge that if I ever stop being an avid follower of anybody's blogs, I will not remove myself from the list! I will be a follower for life, even though my 6th grade music teacher told me that I am a LEADER not a FOLLOWER!
BTW you may have seen my cousin the bull rider named Cody Hancock- look for him! I have many friends/family who go to the finals in Vegas (don't judge) and they swear it is the funnest thing EVER. OH, and You would look darling in a baby doll dress and boots so I think you should probably get your buns to Vegas.

Sandi said...

OH and guess what? Ty Murray is going to be on dancing with the stars this season, so there goes the testosterone!

Melanie J said...

I like UFC and bull riding. I even dated a PBR cowboy. How's that?

Heidi Ashworth said...

I want to be sure to see you when I am in Utah in April! woo hoo!

Sher said...

I totally get you. I'm always saying that I have more testosterone than the average woman. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.
And yes, not only did I actually watch the superbowl, I went to the Game...and cheered!
And I watched the NFL all star whatever it's called show where they vote on the best dunker. And liked it.
Gasp! I know!
We should be manly together.
Eww, not like that. Perv.

Ok, this is getting out of hand.

p.s. I wish you had come to the blunch. Next time you should host one down south, and make us all drive down for the weekend. We could have a huge slumber party!
How fun would that be!!!

PJ - Our life said...

There is nothing wrong with watching bull riding - "Cowboy butts drive you nuts!" That was the saying when I lived out in the country!! I use to go to the national finals rodeo every year with my family. They even have like a meet and greet where you can meet and get autographs of the cowboys!!

abritdifferent said...

You're scaring me. Where's Shelle and where have you taken her???

ukyankoz said...

By the way, I linked to this post on my 'Linky Love February' - yeah, it's a new thing, just to show every month how cool I am and the awesome blogs I read. That's just how I roll.

sara said...

At least it was bull riding and not bull fighting. When I lived in Spain, you can almost always find bull fighting on tv, and as gross as it sounds, it was really addicting to watch.

If you get tickets to the finals you can stay at my house. I've never been, but I do like going down to the strip when a bunch of hunky cowboys are in town.

T said...

I was out of town for the weekend, so I missed all the fun... and the bull-riding! I however DID catch a tiny bit on Friday night, long enough to wonder how many spinal cord injuries result daily in the bull riding circuit? M.O.T.H. was thinking that it will make for good job security for him!

marcipants said...

It would seem I'm not the only one, but I actually enjoyed the Bull Riding 101 video. Interesting...call me crazy. I love rodeos and the bronco and bull riding are my favorite events.

Tiff said...

I'll go with you, I love watching bull riding! I dated a bull rider once for a few years, so watching it probably brings back good memories, but we won't tell anyone that now will we??? lol

binks said...

Darlin' I live in the cowboy town of Davie and they got lots of rodeos here. I'm not such a fan, where there are bulls, there be bullsh!t. Just saying.

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

This completely made me laugh. Bull riding? Actually, I could see that. Tight Lee's over that cowboy toushie, big hat, lots of manliness. Hmm, wonder if it's on now...

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad