Thursday, February 12, 2009

I really should be a JUDGE...it would make MY life easier...

I'm not one to complain...really I'm not.

But the last couple of years I have been forced out of Friendly obligation and co-worker pressure from MY co-workers and MountainSport Man's co-workers (who are all women btw) to watch American Idol.

Usually MSM and I watch some of the auditions and then skip watching until the top 20 or something like that. And then, I'm not gonna lie, we get way caught up in it and our sometimes worse critics then Simon...

This year we decided we were going to watch it all the way through. From beginning until bitter end.

Well I have an opinion! Shocking huh!

I try to keep my Reality TV comments between Me, Myself, and my husband...and then, of course, my Co-Workers...BUT

I'm pissed/mad/discouraged/disgusted/out of my mind perturbed...and my voice and opinion want OUT! Who am I to stop it? Really.

They picked the TOP 36 last night.

I had my top 2 favorites and then the list went down the line. Through what they showed on TV and from what we heard in the auditions during LA...they were both a SHOO in, in my opinion...which is the only opinion that SHOULD matter.

It's two friends that tried out together, of course they are guys (Nothing against the girls...there is just nothing like a guy who has that deep seedy sexy voice when he sings), and one of them Danny Gokey had a tragic experience where is wife passed away...his voice is amazing...scratchy and edgy--yet soft, seriously mesmerizing...



Then there was his friend, Jamal Rogers. Who supported Danny through the WHOLE tragic experience, they are as close as brothers, who also sings as incredible as the other one...I love how he mixed up "Delilah" here:



And yet he didn't make it...

But HE did...



I call him DRAMA guy...kid gots some baggage, I mean he can sing, but between both of them, Jamal and Drama Guy...Jamal should have made it in FOR SURE.

SERIOUSLY!

Okay, I'm good...thanks for listening!!! Just want until SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE...my opinion seems to get the best of me!

___________________________________________________

I want to know who would like to contribute to HOT VENUS MINDS (aka Hot MOM's) site if I put it up. Anyone want to help monitor it and stuff like that? like CO-OWNER or whatever?

Anyway...if you want to contribute...if you have ideas or a better title for us let me know. Email me at blokthoughts@gmail.com or leave a comment, but I like email then I can invite you all proper like!

I think I'm just going to put up a generic blogger template for now...after I get down to the business of who will be contributing and stuff like that.

I think it would be fun to have a bunch of us so we are contributing once a month or so? And then just chatting about it all...there is nothing like finding out that YOU feel and are going through the same thing as SOMEONE else in a relationship whether good, bad, or just plain fun and wicked (but in a good way) :)

Love,

Shelle

25 comments:

April said...

OHHHH.....We have opinions in our house! We record it and watch it together. The hubby, 17yr old son and I. We were soooo disappointed that the drama king AND Tatiana got through! (You know the network is going for ratings right?)

We were happy that Taylor V (from Hurricane HS) got through! The son knows her! GO TAYLOR!!!

April said...

SHUT UP!!! I was first! Where the helk is Kristina??? hahahaha!!

Jessica said...

Jamal is freaking amazing!!!!!!! I think I have a new love. shhhh! Don't mention this to my husband!!!!!

OK, we don't watch reality shows in our house for one reason. It is ALL marketing and manipulation. EVERYthing you see is designed for drama. There is no reality about it at all. None. It's not about talent or skill, it is about drama and keeping viewers. Drama brings viewers.

Sandi said...

April you were not only first, but you were 2nd too! It's a big day for you!
OK I have the same EXACT opinion of what happened on Idol last night. I cried when Jamal got booted and I sobbed like a baby when they let Mr. Drama Queen-headband and red skinny jeans-wearing guy and psycho Tatiana go through. That is just so annoying. I do seriously love Danny Gokey though, he reminds me of Robert Downey Jr. and I LOVE a man who can sing!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

hahahaha! Kristina P makes it over to Crash's first, I'm down the list a little ways!

I can't STAND Tatiana...I thought it was a WHOLE joke...I was DYING when they let her on...hope she gets voted off first.

How mean am I right now?

Aubrey said...

Oh how glad I am I am NOT watching this season. Just listening/seeing the little snippets, I can tell who had the talent. And it wasn't drama queen there!

Barbaloot said...

First off---can't WAIT for So You Think You Can Dance.

Second---I've never watched American Idol. But, I was on RS visits last night and one of the girls had that on. I saw five minutes---and it was when that guy got cut, and I was DEVASTATED! That's why I can't watch. I don't even know the kid and I was so sad for him.

Finally- love the name of your new blog. :)

T said...

I usually watch the auditions (just for a laugh) and then the last week or two...

but just judging from your clips - I'll sign a petition for the judges to be strung up until they get real!

(I love Simon and his criticisms... but Piers Morgan and his "name an animal" in a "name a kitchen appliance" comparisons ALWAYS cracked me up...

brooken'dus said...

AARRRRGGGGG!!!! I was SOOOOO pissed when they didn't take jamal! I loved him!! His singing, his style!! All of it!! This is the first year that we've watched all of it to! We're like you watch the crappy singers then skip to the end! And I also HATE Tatiana blah whatever her name is!!!! I'm not sure one person could be more annoying!!! She cries about everything!!!!!

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

I am so in for HotMoms co-owner author or whatever you'd like :) I could probably even think up a post at the moment! Emailing you too :)

Annette Lyon said...

ACK! NO!

We've watched AI every single season. Last night the TiVo hiccuped and didn't record it, so I didn't know the results.

I agree with you--and now I'm spitting mad.

Tell me that the emotionally insane Tatiana got cut. Please!

Anjeny said...

Oh crap!! I miss last night's American Idol. They let that headband guy in? That is so stupid. I guess it's a good thing I didn't watch it. I've been using a lot of colorful words when I'm aggravated...LOL.

Hey Shelle, I emailed you. Check your email.

Wow, April is first AND second!! How fast were you running April? I just saw you somewhere over there on one of the Hawaiian blogs and then when I got here you were already here ahead of everyone...LOL.

Sandi...I really would love to see your blog...where is it? ahahahah.

Darcie - Such The Spot said...

I got about half way through this post and then I had to scroll quickly. We have it TIVO'd so you can't spoil it for me! I'll be back once we've watched it to add my two cents!

sara said...

I was almost moved to tears last night when they cut the friend and kept that nerdy, sweat-band wearing, Richard Simmons wannabe, joke. Ugh!
I love your blog idea, but unfortunately I am neither a mom or hot. But I'll definately stalk it if you start one.

The Wixom Zoo said...

I haven't watched American Idol in a couple of years but got hooked this year, for some reason. I have to agree - that last guy drove me NUTS! I don't think he'll survive the pressure over the next couple of months...but what would America do if he did? {{shudder}}

Kritta22 said...

I just can't watch American Idol. The first few seasons were all right but now it's just about what videos make it on youtube and get people talking about it.

I don't think it's about talent anymore. Don't get me wrong, people that win are good, but they turn away soooo many good ones beforehand that you know it's all planned.

Anyway there's my soap box. I'm off to email you.

Nan said...

gonna give you some blog bling, but it's taking me a long time to get it up, check back later.

Me said...

I stalk your blog and I 100% agree with you. Jamal should have made it. Tatiana should have been let go a long time ago because she's just insane. Femme boy that wears headbands...oh, lets not even go there. I'm just mad. I am also mad the girl with the weirdo hair and weirdo outfits shouldn't have made it over the cute tall married chick. I am glad the oil guy made it as well as the welder.

Melanie J said...

I was so spitting mad about the Jamal cut! But I have a theory. I think that they didn't want to put them both through together because they'd be kind of like a massive vote magnet because of their story and the producers didn't want their story to overshadow the season. I"ll bet you ANYTHING that we see Jamal back next year and in the 36. I think they just wanted to separate the two. I hope. Otherwise I'll have to hate AI so this is the lie I tell myself. And that headband kid HAS GOT TO GO. He makes my eye twitch. Tatiana, I'm confident, will be voted off the first night. Otherwise, I'm leaving the country.

wendy said...

Tatiana and Drama boy drive me CRAZY. I don't know why they choose some of them ..ratings?? whatever. I watch though like my life depends on it. Last year took to much of my "emotional" time for David Archuleta, my best friends daughter went to school with him. I CAN'T get that involved this year.

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

I HATE AI - but I watch it religiously...I usually dip in and out of all of the begining train wrecks because it physically causes me pain to watch these people who honestly believe they are gifted sing with such feeling but with such a lack of talent.

The judges choices drive me nuts...obviously it's all for ratings...but I would appreciate a bit more integrity. I read that one of the 36 last night was disqualified after filming ...she is semi professional. You'd think they would have pulled Jamal back in...he might have won the crown this year.

Jen said...

I can't believe I'm missing two seasons of American Idol in a row. Thanks for rubbing salt in the wound. Now I may have to go to my SIL's TWO nights a week for TV watching!

(And I was doing so well at keeping it down to Mondays...)

binks said...

Schnikes! I totally forgot about Idol! It was one of those auto record on the DVR that died.
I agree with you on Drama Boy, not so good.

New blog sounds interesting and I would be happy to help if you need me.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

ME--I totally agree with you...the classy chick should have made it over the crazy hair weird outfit chick...goodness!!!

The rest of you...Amen Amen and Amen...Melanie...you analysis of the situation.hehehe...makes me feel better! :)

The Crash Test Dummy said...

I would love to contribute. And I was so shocked Drama Guy made it too. Did Danny Gokey make it? I loved him. I haven't been able to keep up this year because I have night class on Tuesdays. Soooo sad. I usually get obsessed.

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad