Wednesday, July 8, 2009

VIDEO: Snuggie vs. Last season's Grim Reaper

WE were wandering through Kohl's on the 4th of July weekend when out pops (sitting in the middle of the aisle) about 10 boxes left of the SNUGGIE.

The REAL deal here guys, the AS SEEN ON TV, was clearly marked on the box.

I actually asked for this for Christmas... HELLO, I read, I NEEDED one--want had NOTHING to do with it.

THEY WERE ON SALE!!! Yea me!!!

I wrinkled my nose, then furrowed my brow, and thought about buying one for all the time it took to lift one box up and into my cart.

And all became right in the world.

See I have been GREEN BLUE with envy since Kristina P. started flaunting hers around on her site. She even has a SNUGGIE OF THE WEEK picture! It was like stabbing me in the heart each and every time I went to her site.

Torture of the worst degree.

But now I have my own. And my prayers have been answered. Can I get an AMEN???

So knowing now how much I love the SNUGGIE, sorry T., but I do it's pretty much genius, you will imagine my dismay when I found my kids disrespecting it!!!

That's right... first of all, my SON was calling it a dress! A DRESS!!! What the what???

And then...and then...gulp... they put it up against the grim reaper halloween costume of 'O8???

Like the two could even co-exist in the same room!

I hang my head in shame.

Here is the video evidence:



(No children, grim reapers costumes, or Snuggie's were TRULY harmed in the making of this video)

I punished them people... I did. They will NOT be allowed to see the new ICE AGE movie until MSM and I get back from our week long trip!

That will show them.

Questions for the day: Would you wear the Snuggie to work? Would you wear it to church as a dress, somewhat toga style? Would you send me money if I did either of these as a dare??? I kid I kid, I'm a wuss I couldn't do it... but would you send someone money if they actually DID and I got evidence of it? Anybody willing to do it for money?

Okay, talk amongst yourselves.

Love,

18 comments:

Denise said...

OH MY GOD! I LOVE SNUGGIES! And yet, I don't own one. I can't be the one who buys it of course b/c I don't want to look like the infomercial-whore that I am, and every single flipping time there is a holiday that I am allowed a present, I ask for a snuggie, and what do I get? NOT a snuggie! My family hates me or something... that or they are just afraid mama will be wearing the snuggie as she drops them off for school or I'll try to wear it to the grocery store.

Barbaloot said...

I'm pretty sure you don't even have to pay Kristina to wear it to work...or even church!

And I can't wait to see the new Ice Age movie. Another movie that I end up taking my 5 year-old niece to cuz I'm such an awesome aunt... :)

Devri said...

Pay you to wear the thing in public? I will pay you to throw it in the trash! And Kristina's too! lol

I love how your husband was on the couch, no facial expression. what men! ( he was like , excuse me, I am trying to watch a little tv here!) lol

♥georgie♥ said...

Shelle!!! LOL-I think you need to go to snuggie anon with Kristina P!

the eternal list said...

love your unwords, i'm a word nut myself

Kristina P. said...

I am literally sitting here, crying. Sob.

And I have worn it to work. And made a Peekaru out of it and wore it with my coworker, at work.

And I am in the process of making a Snuggie gang. Your kids are OUT!

clan of the cave hair said...

Looks like that snuggie stays on just about as good as my husbands robe worn backwards in a fight! lol

Homer and Queen said...

KP can be so mean!!! Just catching up, ben on hospital duty, came home and now have to go back in! I have missed you guys!!

P.S. I can STILL smell that baby from here!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Ha ha ha! Take that Kristina P. I have to say though, the grim reaper seemed to hold up better than the snuggie.

But I'm glad you punished them. They deserve it.

Yes, there is a Provo Olive Garden. Address is at the top of my blog. I think it's over on Canyon road at that new shopping center.

Susan said...

Holy Snug... you are a brave sole! Why can't I come up with a product like that and make MILLIONS?????

Anjeny said...

LOL...Sorry I think this is too funny to not laugh.

I dare you to wear that snuggi to work...I double dare ya! Yeah I know you said you're a wuss but come on, grow some backbone and wear that snuggi to work!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....did that do that job? Are you even in the slightest way tempted to do my dare? Huh? huh? I would wear that snuggi to church, I truly would. That is I would do that this past winter since Hawaii has been its coldest this winter. Would be awkward to do it now since it's summer and all.

IWA (e - va) said...

Have you seen what the people in hawaii wear... we dont really care what others think of us... I bet anyone in hawaii would wear it for some money... were cheap like that!

I also think the grim reeper one! too funny!

Just Jules said...

Shelle, I wouldn't wear it on my couch if I was alone in the house and the shades were drawn and the door was locked. Could. not. make. me.

I think it is the "As seen on TV" thing that would haunt me.

Glad you enjoy yours though (she says batting eyes like Bambi)

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

DENISe--I wish I would have KNOWN I would have bought you one on sale and shipped it VIA express!!! I'm sorry, such a downer!

Barb-you are right... she WOULD wear it. Never mind then, it's not a dare if Kristina is willing to whore herself around in it without pay??? lol

Devri--You speak BLASPHEMY!!! I'm shocked!

Georgie--lol... it's a sickness I know!

Eternal List--Welcome!!! Those UnWords are the BEST! lol!

Kristina P--I KNOW I'm so sorry! About the club... they for SURE are out... but am I in???

COTCH--HA! good one... and totally true!!

Queen--I totally miss you also... SO MUCH! Wheel Chair boy okay?

Crash--I know... that Grim Reaper costume was SO worth the money... they love that thing to play dress up in!

I'm so excited for Saturday!

Susan-- I know... I keep hoping I'll get brilliant like that someday... "let's slap some sleeves on this blanket" Who knew???

ANjeny--I'm bringing my snuggie to Hawaii and triple DOG daring you to wear it to church!!! lol!

IWA--I think you're right! ANjeny has volunteered to be first!!!

JULES--YOU TOO are blasphemous!!! I cannot believe you would say such hurtful things about the SNUGGIE!!! Even if you DO bat your eyelashes like Bambi! :)

Debbie said...

Stopped over to say hi from Crash's blog. HAHA Loved the fight between grim and snuggie. Too funny.

Kritta22 said...

i saw a commercial tonight for a zebra and leopard and camel colored Sunggies.

FOR


REAL!!!

T said...

I'd curse you - but linking to my post gets you absolution!

and guess what I tried on last week? Yep - the Zebra print Snuggie - picture coming soon!

SciFi Dad said...

Considering the fact that I have worn a purple mumu to a party before, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that I would wear a sleeved blanket in public.

The bigger question is, would you? What would it take to convince you?

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad