Friday, July 24, 2009

Update on Baby Deyton.

***Donations are now being excepted for Deyton there is a donation button on Deyton's blog and a donation button on my right hand side bar :) Love you guys! :)

Update on Baby Deyton
:

Deyton's has a heart condition called Hypo Plastic Left Heart syndrome. That is just one thing, there are other things also but that is the main thing.

After they were life flighted up to Primary Children's Hospital Daddy was told that surgery was no longer an option. Deyton's heart had 4 strikes against him and there wouldn't be a surgeon that would do the surgery. The doctors also told them that Deyton's case, HIS heart, was the WORSE case they have seen in the 200 cases they have done.

So now Mom and Dad are living a parents worst nightmare. They have a few choices of what they can do for little Deyton and it's like trying to choose between walking on nails and walking on glass you don't like either choice but in order to get across you have to choose one.

They have a VERY VERY hard decision to make.

They have asked me not to go over their choices, but they haven't decided what they are going to do.

Mom and Dad are the type of people that not only LOVE their family but the LOVE their friends, in fact, their friends ARE part of their family.

They wanted me to let you guys know that they are so amazed at the love and support that quickly came in after the news started spreading. They feel the strength of the love and prayers offered for them and for Deyton. They are very thankful that they have the Gospel to help them understand the bigger picture. And have just asked that you continue to pray for Deyton.

Thanks. For further updates and pictures one of Mom's really close friends has set up a blog for BabyDeyton that we will both update. It tells where you can donate money for hospital expenses if you feel so inclined. Pray 4 Deyton!

26 comments:

T said...

oh Shelle - I'm so sorry that there wasn't a more positive diagnosis... prayers still coming for Deyton and parents - and the WHOLE family... what a tough time... and how grateful we can all be for what the Gospel promises us!

love you - and wish I could do more than sympathize and pray... let me know if you need anything!

King Fam said...

Makes you wonder if the trials they experianced were to help them prepare and gain strength for the bigger trial. Of course we wish the best for everyone in your family. I know that angels are surrounding the little family and the Lord is giving them strength.

Hopie said...

Having to be in that situation in the past, with our son, I know how agonizing this is for them. With all the prayers going on for this baby, I know it will help the parents. Hang in there. I'm sure it's hard for you also.

Zu said...

I was really hoping there would be some good news. Makes you wonder what Gods plan is.
My kids and I have been praying every night for them. If only just to give them strength to carry on.
God bless.

Minmate said...

I know we don't know each other but this news touches my heart so deeply. I am incredibly saddened to hear about baby Deyton's condition. My close friends experienced the same thing with their daughter some years ago. I know this is a terribly difficult time for your sister and family right now. I will pray for them and hope that they find the strength, peace, courage and wisdom to face the days ahead.

Mommies-Miracles said...

Is a heart transplant an option? I am so upset to hear this! :( My prayers are with the family and there little baby boy!

SciFi Dad said...

Damnit. I'm sorry, I know we're supposed to be praying and not cursing, but this is just awful. I cannot understand why they are not allowed to just have their baby, why any baby has to go through this kind of thing.

I will continue to have good thoughts and hope for the best.

Cherie said...

I know I don't know the choices but second opinions for Shriners or some other hospital could be an option too.
I am so sorry. He is a sweet precious baby. We will keep hoping a praying!

val of the south said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, I'm sorry there's not more options for them. And those lesser of 2 evils choices are so darn hard.

Lots of love to you and all your family.

This Mom said...

Shelle you and your family are in my prayers.

Send love and well wishes.

mother goose said...

tremendous heart felt prayers going up!!

Debbie said...

Prayers and hugs for you and Dayton and his family!

(Hey I dont know if it's jut me but I tried to use the paypal and it just gave me an error page.)

Just Jules said...

...and he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them. Mark 10:16

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update... it's so sad that such a sad thing is what gives us so much perspective of what is most important...
Deyton and his parent will continue be in our prayers!

iwa

Malea said...

Primary Children's is wonderful! He has wonderful parents, I will pray that they will feel good about the decision they make.

Di said...

Hey Shelle I will be praying for your family and that precious little Deyton! Keep up the good work :)

Anonymous said...

Shelle,
Sorry to hear the news about your nephew. Looking at the pictures and reading the posts brings tears to my eyes. We are praying specifically for Deyton and his mom and dad. I hope to see you guys this Sunday. If there is anything that we can do for you and all of your family, call us...we will be there in a heart beat. We will definitely be at the concert. Isn't is wonderful to know what we know...we are lucky for eternal families!

John, Shanna, and Eli Scovill

binks said...

What else can you do but place him in God's hands?

My prayers are with you and your family, especially for little Deyton.
*Hugs*

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

Shelle, I'm so sorry to hear about all this. I'll keep baby Deyton and his family in my prayers.

John Deere Mom said...

I am so sorry to hear about your nephew. He is such a sweet, sweet baby boy. Here's hoping your sister and BIL have the strength to make it through the toughest decision of their lives. I will be thinking and praying for you guys. Off to check out the baby blog.

Melinda said...

I'm sorry life is so hard and these sort of situations ever happen. Its heartbreaking, I'll be praying as well!

H.K. said...

You are so right about the Gospel giving us a bigger picture of life's adversity & trials. I'm glad that Deyton's parents have that perspective and that understanding. We may not understand when we're in the thick of it, but it does give you the strength to take that extra step.

We'll keep Deyton & his parent's in our prayers!

Dopp Family said...

Those little pictures of baby Deyton are so precious! Please give my love to Krystal, Derek and little baby Deyton. My prayers are with them.

Shannon said...

Rachelle that sucks! I am so sorry for Krystal and her husband and your families. That is almost more than anyone can bear. I hope they enjoy their time with him and that a miracle can happen for you guys. I will pray for them.

Schmoochiepoo said...

Sending prayers your way.

Janae said...

I am sorry to hear about Deyton. Give Krystal a big hug from me.(I am not sure if she knows who I am.)I know it has to be really hard to lose a child. He is in a better place and he has amazing parents that will see him again. We will keep your whole family in our prayers.

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad