Friday, July 31, 2009

The Real Famous Naked Cow...in New York! :)

HELLO HELLO HELLO one and all!!!

I only had to make TWO voodoo dolls so I'm way impressed... and I've come to meditate on this whole cultish follower thing we bloggers have come to rely on... and I have decided that I'm okay with people de-following me as long as they stand up in our close knit group we have and tell us WHY.

We have a right to know... they're not just letting ME down... but they are letting YOU guys down also... by not following through with their FOLLOW commitment.


I mean, its not just like ANYONE can follow me!?! There is a whole process you have to go through, a lot of hard work and dedication... and I only pick the BEST of the BEST to follow me. Some people just can't take it though, and I HAVE to understand that... only the most elite can withstand the rigorous daily mouth vomit I put out. So be PROUD oh strong ones... YOU are the special ones... YOU are the brave and the strong.

Moving along...

This is the 3rd time I have been to New York. I'm practically a native. So when I went this year and packed my point and shoot camera around in my purse I thought to myself... 'Self, it's time to show the world the REAL famous people and sights in New York!'

And so I did.

I mean, how many pictures have you seen EVEN this summer of the Statue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower, The Letterman Show... I could go on and on...

But I must put out a WARNING. This isn't for the weak of stomach. My pictures are REAL, they are ORGANIC, they tell the true story, the story New Yorkers are scared to tell...

Today I show you ONE... just ONE of them, because these pictures need their own special time, it would be WAY to much for a human being to be thrown these pictures all at once.

So you know the Naked Cowboy? It's a hoax! First of all he's not naked. He wears a speedo??? He should be called the Speedo Cowboy ya know? My first time going to New York I found this atrocity out...

So when I was taken down the dark alleys to see THIS real life famous person... where we were told that NO pictures were allowed, for YOU guys, I snuck this picture in... I sacrificed my precious time for YOU guys...

Here you are... the REAL naked COWBOY... or should I say...


COWGIRL! Sorry for the quality of picture... as you can see I didn't have much time to get this photo. I did find out some facts about her though. She started her career in the early 1700's and she is immortal... that and that she is Southern Sage's Grandma.

Have a good weekend everyone! More famous pictures to come! I am so happy to be back and I missed you guys! :)

Check out the others over at Candid Carrie's.



P.S. I want to shout a special THANK YOU to Emily from Art-N-Sewl... who painted this painting for my Sister and BIL in memory of Deyton. Your talent has always amazed me, but this painting, to me, is your best work! You have also made, in me, a friend forever and if there is ever ANYTHING you need please don't hesitate to ask! :)

20 comments:

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

It doesn't surprise me that she's related to Southern, after all he IS Southern. And we all know what that means.

I'm glad you are back and I'm loving the new look btw.

You are right, naked cowboy isn't naked...hmmm. What does he do anyway to be so famous?

Kristina P. said...

She should be the Naked Cowboy's running mate!

And had I made my last trip, it would have been my sixth time. I think it was almost worse knowing exactly what I was missing out on.

Sage Moonstone said...

I love your new blog look!!

:)

Alyson (New England Living) said...

What a great photo! HAHAHA! Also, loved your commentary.

I'm so bummed I didn't see you in NYC. Any chance you can come up to Boston next year after we move? You can totally bum around my house. Then we can go have a tea party.

I loved Emily's painting too! It was so precious!! I lost a nephew only days after he was born too. He was born to my mentally challenged sister. Been meaning to email you and tell you about that. I know how you feel. It's the saddest feeling and yet a beautiful time of testimony building at the same time. We all love you out here and we wish your family love and peace! xx

Dopp Family said...

I love your picture of the Naked "Cowgirl"!! Good job on getting this picture. Can't wait for more deats and photos from NY.

PS - that painting is beautiful! What a treasure!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Andrea- yes we all know what "southern" means... I hop sage is okay that I outed his grandma!

Kristina- did they make a street named after u in ur honor? I hear ya about knowing what u missed out on... I mean seeing the naked cowgirl live and in person is an experience that I CAN'T forget... No matter how hard I scrub my brains!

Sage moonstone-thanks! Good to hear from u!

Alyson- count the boston trip next year as planned! We love love Boston! I'm sorry to hear about ur Nephew... Its good to know u understand! Luv ya girl!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Maria- that painting is priceless for sure

T said...

Was driving around town yesterday and ran into our very own "naked" cowboy... only in honor of Utah he had jeans on... just shirtless with the big hat - of course I didn't have my camera... wonder if Southern sage's family is invading EVERYWHERE now?

♥georgie♥ said...

OMGosh...i so am not gonna say something judgemental right now...nope nope BUT WTH??? LOL
Lordy I need to get out more...i think...

Shelle i lost a few followers the other day-I think maybe blogger is having issues again...then again maybe it was just my dribble

happy friday

Emily Anne Leyland ( Art-n-Sewl) said...

I am so glad it means so much to y'all. Should be there soon.
Love ya!!
Emily

SciFi Dad said...

All I can think of is this:

If this is daily mouth vomit, do I even want to know about other kinds of non-mouth vomit?

Just Jules said...

First of all - welcome back.

second - I agree. I lost two followers too - seriously I don't blame them .. dribble that is what I am producing lately. However,I guess two other people appreciated dribble cuz they joined. Maybe they joined cuz the other two people left and they never liked them in the first place and would only join if those other two un-followed.

Secondly - Sage's grandma... he told me she was dead! not immortal. I wouldn't brag about that chick being my grandma either!

Just Jules said...

ha! I can't count... or I have two second points. whatever!

Southern Sage said...

why you hatin on my kin folks for all the time?

(2nd try!)

April said...

Cowboy or girl take it away! PLEASE! I'm not hatin' Sage, I just prefer more clothes in a public forum...except the beach of course!

Malea said...

That painting is amazing. What a beautiful service to have done for your family.

Next trip to NYC can I tag with? I fly on the same benee's.

tysdaddy said...

Catching up on my blog reading/writing after a very long hiatus, and all this news about your nephew is a punch in the gut. So sorry to hear about this, and my condolences to you and yours . . .

Amber Lynae said...

I too am yet to understand the unfollowing with not warning or explanation. How can you provide a service that was deemed worthy and then out of the blue tossed aside like yesterday's underwear.

NY Raw and Naked.

T said...

came back just to see how Southern Sage was responding... and he goes with the "hate"??? Ooops, didn't mean to offend someone who carries pistols :)

Barbaloot said...

Mmkay-I'm telling you the same thing I told Crash---I'm only fake back from vacation. I'm off to a family reunion tomorrow-but wanted to stop by your blog. I'm dying to hear more about your trip, and am so sorry to hear about the passing of your darling nephew. (Especially since he had such a great name---even if he did spell it wrong:) ). I hope your family is doing okay, and I'll be back for real in about another week.

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad