Monday, January 3, 2011

It's offical, I'm a .... .... addict.

Here's the thing about making a "lifestyle" change... aka... diet-resolution-for-the-new-year. Your taste buds never REALLY forget what that good food tastes like.

Not the good food as in healthy food, like, fruits and vegetables and stuff like that. Because admittedly, that food is actually really good, I like it.

But I'm talking about brownies with chocolate frosting or frozen strawberry custard or yogurt. My taste buds don't forget that. So when I go to someone's house for, let's say a party to celebrate the New Year, ... and I see that kind of yummy treat... I start to drool. I know what it tastes like... I KNOW how I feel when I eat it... I know the way it rolls around on my tongue and squishes in my teeth and slowly slides down my throat.

So it is official... I am a sugary, carbohydrate, addict.

No matter how many long months I go without sugar and bad carbs... my taste buds will not allow me to forget.

What's your weakness? I feel that if we get this out that maybe it will help get me through this the next few days of withdrawal because I had a relapse New Year's Eve... and the day after, and the day after that. But I think I'll be good tomorrow! :)

Love,

15 comments:

Momma Sunshine said...

I dunno. I find that if I eat healthfully for a while, that I lose my "taste" for the unhealthy stuff. The memory of it always seems to be better than the reality.

Stay the course! And remember, you're doing something good for yourself by staying away from all that unhealthy food....

Melissa said...

Chocolate! Right now I think I'm engaged to Lindor truffles.

And cake--any kind. If it weren't for the tiny bit of decorum that I actually possess, no one else around me would ever get a piece of cake, ever!

Barbaloot said...

My weakness is food in general:) Milk chocolate kisses and chex mix are my favorites these days:)

Kristina P. said...

I have the biggest sweet tooth. And this post reminded me that I have delicious Breyer's ice cream bars calling my name.

Anonymous said...

Potato chips!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Amen sista!

Cadury chocolate. Yummmm....

Devri said...

Food in general.. It is sickning, but true! dang it! I will miss you food!

Lisa said...

I have never been a big sweets eater...until a few months ago. I want sweets all the time now! Whats up with that? It's just wrong!

Garden of Egan said...

Your taste buds DNA have memory. They remember the first sugar they ever got.....and they rejoiced.

SciFi Dad said...

nodding solemnly

sugar here too

CityMom2 said...

Sugar, Chocolate, Cake, Cookies...only thing I won't eat is Angel Food cake, Okra and Marshmallows.
If I could quit night eating and get my bloomin a** out of bed to work out well, then, I guess I would lose weight?

See Mom Smile said...

I am starting my lifestyle change today....Sigh....

Kazzy said...

I think I heard once that sugar is more addictive than most drugs. I believe it. But I have not had one cookie or candy in 5 months, and I can honestly say that the cravings have stopped. And I don't eat after 7. It was he** at fitst though!

Always Home and Uncool said...

I have a carb problem. The liquid form. OK, beer. it's BEER!

3GirlKnight said...

Does it mean anything that I'm eating a chili polish dog as I write this?

And I just finished a bowl of chili cheese fries...

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad