Friday, January 14, 2011

Come Out Come Out Wherever you ARE! Lurker!


It's one of the best holidays or just days of blog land today!!! I'm surprised if you don't know about it!

It's De-lurker's Day.

Basically, De-Lurkers to a blog are like Stalkers or Peeping Tom's to a real live person at their house. You peer in with your binoculars (read the post), watch what is going on, (imagine what I say in your mind), and instead of walking up to the house and knocking on the door to introduce yourself (leave a comment) you slink away to come back again the next day (move on to the next blog, turn off the computer because you have a life, too shy to let the other readers know who you are). But not today!!! Today is the DAY--the day you comment-- just today is all I ask (beg).

To be fair, I didn't really remember about it until a good blog friend of mine, SciFi Dad emailed me to remind me and sent this awesome graphic to commemorate the event...and I believe someone emailed him to remind him and sent HIM the graphic. Either way... I think it's worthy of a whole post all to itself.

Here's the thing though. I am kind of competitive... and I want all my lurkers to out comment the rest of those posting De-lurkers Post. I'm also getting this up late, which means we already are behind.

Can we do it guys? I believe in you... so believe in yourself. I want to know who you are, so stop being shy and/or lazy for just one day and leave a comment! Or not... or not, I'm not twisting your arm... I promise. (Really SciFi Dad is and the guy that emailed him (Rude Cactus Guy) ;) ... just sayin it wasn't me. (And that's how you throw someone under the bus--hope you took notes.)

Love ya!

(Now leave a comment--anything!!! make it funny, one word, drop your secretest secret-go big and then go home)

In the meantime--Here's how my family brought in the New Year!  We are so Freaking crazy it's redunkulous! (The worst New Year's Video ever! You will never get that time back if you watch it. But you should still watch it)



I also did this post over at Real World--so feel free to De-Lurk and not be a jerk/jurk!


23 comments:

The Random Blogette said...

I love the video! I don't know how your family stayed up! My 5 yo was passed out at 5, my 9 yo passed out about 11:30, the hubs passed out at 11:30 and I made it to 11:50. It was rough!

And hello!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Hello!!! I wish they would have passed out... I only held my eyelids open with tooth picks because they were up and I didn't want to be the poor sport!!!

And Hello Hello!!!

3GirlKnight said...

I almost wanted that minute back, but then a suggested video popped up call "Sick on New Years Eve." I chose to spend that 3 minutes writing this comment...and drinking coffee...and lurking on other blogs. Time well spent.

SciFi Dad said...

I'd delurk from behind your bushes, but I'm not wearing any pants so...

T said...

haha, I think I got my de-lurking post up even after you did... talk about late to the partay :)

New Years? ummmm... yeah, I stayed up - played games with the kids who weren't falling asleep... ate one too many cupcakes (actually, only ate 1/2 of one) and then crashed like the Hindenburg.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

3GirlKnight--I understand. And I'm slightly sorry... but only slightly. Sick on New Years sounds way interesting...bwahahaha

SciFi--Well De-Lurk big or go home! ya know what I mean? So come out of those bushes... I promise none of us will laugh *crosses fingers*

T- Your New Year's sounds crazier than mine!!! I read your De-LUrk post... you rebel you!

Untypically Jia said...

Consider yourself flashed.

3GirlKnight said...

I was totally joking about wanting that minute back. It's very nice to see such a great family sharing quality time with each other.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Jia-- you complete me.

3GirlNight-Sure you were kidding... sure. :) hehehe :)

Daddy Geek Boy said...

Here!

Michelle said...

I am pretty sure that next year "Delurk and don't be a jerk" should be their tag line.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Okay, marked your name Geek Boy, you can put your hand down now.

Michelle--I KNOW I thought so also! lol. I patted myself on the back.

Jillybean said...

OK, so sometimes I lurk and sometimes I comment. Today I am commenting.

Last year, I called out one of my lurkers, due to my stat counter, I not only knew their city, but also their employer. (and assumed their occupation) They left a comment saying how scary it was that I knew this information and they haven't been back since.

Kristina P. said...

I'm not a lurker, but I like you and stuff.

Anjeny said...

Talk about reDONKEYlous..that was the quietest New Year's eve I've ever seen. Couldn't you guys like maybe go out and bang on some pots or blast on some music and dance in the new year? You guys definitely need to come to islands, we'll show you how we roll here on New Year's eve..that would've been a CATastrophe!! LOL

Ha..you see why I lurk most of the time, right girl? I like reigning in on ur fun..LOL..sooo kidding girl. You know I love ya, yeah?

So, can I resume my lurking position again? Thank you, LOL.

PorkStar said...

It took me forever to find the link where to put the comments.. OMG!!

I used to be a lurker but as you may now know, I am ubiquitous around these pages and FB, especially when it comes to making innapropriate comments.

With you on the other hand, this has proven to be an imposibility, so that's what made me not be a lurker.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

JIlly Bean-- lol at freaking her out. Didn't they know that? I thought it was common knowledge. Your commenters are awesome!

Kristina P--So glad your not a jurker and don't lurker! hehehe I like you more... nooooo I LIKE you more!

ANjeny--Love your personality!!! and humor! hahahaha. I will come over anytie to ring in the New Year for you!!!

Porkstar--I think I'm more confused by your comment now...

PorkStar said...

Nevermind, it's brain fried Friday : )

Lisa said...

I'm not a lurker....not really. I just play one....sometimes.

Mario Lopez said...

For the last several years, I've really had a thing for the Progressive insurance lady, until I found your blog.
Now you are the object of my obsession.
You rock my world!

James (SeattleDad) said...

I am late, but I am here!!

Papa K said...

Dammit. I missed delurker day on my blog again!

Danielle said...

Late as always, but here!

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad