Thursday, September 16, 2010

Me and the Ghost I don't believe in

I can't walk today.

I'm can't-sit-on-the-toilet-or-walk-down-the-stairs-sore.

I wish I could be all coy and fun and flirty and say I am sore for other reasons than I did lunges and squats.

But I'm not.

I did lunges with a weight over my head the other day at Satan's Lair and my legs can't seem to function since.

Want to know how else I am for SURE it's Satan's lair, besides being sore???  They post pictures like THIS picture below on their website... I'm the one in the middle... with a kettle ball between my legs and a HOLY SHIOT look on my face.  (And NO I don't dress all cute like the other two beautiful ladies to go work out... mainly because I only have my husbands work out clothes to, well, work out in.)

Now don't you all wish you could take those, "You are HOT" words back?  Well you can't!  Once you say it, that's it, I'm keeping them! So there.

On a lighter note...or scary note... depends on your beliefs, I have a ghost who plays around with my iPod touch.

I'm not joking around people.

I someone how made a ghost mad... probably because I told my husband that all the paranormal T.V. he watches, like Ghost Adventures and Ghost Hunters, is all in their heads. I may watch them with him... especially Ghost Adventures cause the guys on there rock, and they make me laugh, AND the one on there isn't bad to look at, AND the passion they have for it shouldn't be dismissed.

But it's all a bunch of crock is what I told him. And I think the ghost got mad and wanted to prove me wrong.

Here's how it plays out.

I turn my iPod to sleep. A few minutes later it turns on.

"huh?" I say to myself.

So I put it back on to sleep...

A few minutes later it turns itself back ON!

So I say, "Are you mad at me because I don't believe in you? Turn my iPod ON if you mean yes and leave my iPod alone if you mean NO."

I turn my iPod to sleep.

And... BOOM... it's ON again!

My Ghost, that I don't believe in, is apparently pissed at me that I don't believe in it.

It turns on randomly all throughout the day, and I ignore it, because that is what you are suppose to do is ignore fake ghosts bad behavior so they will quit doing that behavior. But it runs out my battery.

So I decided to power my iPod touch OFF.

And when I want to turn it on again... that darn fake ghost of mine won't allow it to TURN on!

I figured that meant it wasn't mad at me anymore... or that the power had completely died... so when I plug it in to charge it, it's not the power.

Hmmmm... weird right?

So either I have a defective iPod Touch... or a Ghost, that I don't believe in, can't decide whether it's mad at me or NOT!

Any ideas? Discuss in comments.

Love,



p.s. I'm sorry I haven't been around to your guys' blogs. I have kept up to date on reader but have been horrible at commenting. I promise I'll get around. Some stuff I've had to take care of during my blog time has been interfering... and me and my fake ghost are trying to work things out. It's been stressful to say the least ;)

31 comments:

T said...

I think it's time to tell that fake ghost where to stick his/her ectoplasm... because a girl needs her music to work out with that monster ball between...

hmmm... that sounded TOTALLY innocent until I started typing it...

PorkStar said...

LMFAO you are all soft and squeeshy, that's why you are all sore from the excercise. But keep up the good work, it will pay off.

And as for the ghost, i am in your husband's side. And I love them shows, all of them eventhough some are a little crazier and GA, the dude is just nuts.

Bad blog reader you are, bad, bad! : )

wendy said...

Satans Lair....love that (is that the REAL name???)
exercising is of the devil for sure

and as for the I Pod...It's probably the 3 nephites.
I blame all unexplained phenomena on them.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

T-lol! What!? I have no idea what u r talking about? Hehehe. I will tell that no good fake ghost, once I learn ehat that E word means!!!

Porkstar-wow...I'm not sure I've ever seen soft and squishy out loud when referring to me, not the best feeling ever but, Thanks for being honest. I'm hoping it will pay off.

Wendy. Lol. No they don't call it that for real, but it kicks my butt. I nicknamed it that after my first week cause I couldn't move I was so sore. It's actually called cross fit.

Kristina P. said...

I can't believe you actually wear a shirt while working out at the gym.

Barbaloot said...

I have a sick desire to go to CrossFit. Sometimes I like places like Satan's Lair. Plus, I don't care what clothes you're wearing, your legs are looking good. I can tell:)

Cherie said...

This happens with my sons Iphone - I think it must be some kind of defect - ha ha - we were blaming it on a ghost too!

binks said...

So THAT'S how you keep your hawt bod. Jes' sayin' ;)

Just calmly explain to the ghost you don't believe in that you would appreciate it if they kept their non existant hands off the power button of your ipod.
(or the Apple store may help to exorcise your pod)

binks said...

Don't worry about me, my blog is virtually extinct.

Tit for Tat said...

Good thing its just a playful ghost, can you imagine the alternative? :(

Garden of Egan said...

I think it really should be Satan's Lair. I'd go to that!
Ok, maybe I wouldn't.

Anywayz, don't know what to tell you about the ghost, but I'd give old Steve Jobs a piece of that ectoplasm

CityMom2 said...

Good to hear from you. Glad you went to work out. I needed the inspiration!
citymom

The Urban Cowboy said...

That's awesome you are working out, and ya are hot...but what do I know?

As far as your ghost? That was just me putting a little cowboy mojo out for not coming around. :)

Danielle said...

I am so proud of you that you are that sore! My girl! Yeay!
Get all buff so that you can kick that ghost's ass! Opps, am I allowed to say that?

Que said...

It's probably not supernatural at all. I think Jobs was working on a version of the ipod touch that is supposed to do that. Ironically, he named the test project "GHOST". I'm not sure what the project was all about because it was secret. But it looks like you might have gotten one of the test models. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

Always Home and Uncool said...

Work that kettle ball, Shelle. WORK IT!

Melissa Bastow said...

The guys on Ghost Adventures make me laugh every time I watch it!! I love that show. And I'm a humongous Ghost Hunters fan, so I'm kind of a total ghosty nerd. So yeah, it's probably not a defective ipod touch, you should probably be nicer to ghosts before they move up to things like knocking on walls or the flashlight technique (a Ghost Hunters fave).

Also, every gym is Satan's lair. It's my firm belief that you have to practically sell your soul to make it through spin class.

This Mom said...

Shelle-
Thanks for stopping by to today. it means the world to me. I know I was out of bloggy land for a few months. I had surgery that the surgeon TOTAL screwed up. While I was trying to recover I was here lurking but not really interacting. But you helped to lift my spirit more than once and I just wanted to let you know.

PS: Peeps is getting more beautiful each day.

PSS: At least you are working out who care what you wear.

thanks again
Shannon

Annie (Lady M) x said...

Blimey, that's spooky about your iphone. I have got a ghost that haunts my Tom Tom. I will be driving along and all of a sudden a voice will come out of the glovebox telling me to 'take the next available left'. It bloody turns itself on!

Andrea said...

Don't worry about getting to my site lady! My reader says 482. Haha, right. *finger hovers over mark all as read*

Ghosts are all in your head you know that don't you? Now do you follow @TheBloggess on twitter, cause she can tell you Not True Ghost Stories. Just saying.

Keith Wilcox said...

my ipod touch went batty once. It kept switching screens and going back to the home screen without any input from me. I didn't know how to fix it, but it seemed to fix itself. I almost took the dang thing back to the store. Haven't had a problem since then though. weird. Maybe it's a PC ghost come to harrass apple users.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Kristina P--I make it a practice to be different. Topless is overrated.

Barbs--The soreness better be doing something... that is all I have to say.

Cherie--I've had people actually tell me that through email and stuff... Of course I would pick a freaking defected one!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

binks--hahaha @ iPod exorcise. Okay at your blog... I'm just glad you come around to mine! And my hot bod needs a better stomach... sigh.

Tit for Tat--I couldn't imagine the alternative because I don't believe in it!!! :) hehehe

GOE-what's ectoplasm???

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

City Mom-- I have to do it for my 40 year old self and it's metabolism!!!

UrbanCowboy--I've been around... you've been not around though. Just sayin. HOpe all is well with you. Email me once in a while and keep me up to date with your girl and you!

Danielle--Yes you can say it, because the Ghost is fake. See i've been working out at this place for a few months now and the soreness isn't usually bad... but the lunges, with the weight over it's head... KILLED me!!!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Que--wait, are you being serious? Or is this for real. I MUST know. Because then I could call Steve and let him know the GHOST models work extremely well. And my iPod Ghost, that I don't believe in, just agreed with me, it turned on.

AHAUC-I'm TRYING!!! That thing is heavy. You have to have perfect timing on that camera to get me just in that position... seriously... mad photography skills at luck... or just luck.

Melissa--OH for SURE at spin class!!! I always call my time of death after one of those classes.

I freak out every time I see that "flashlight" technique on Ghost Hunters (even though I don't believe in them)

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

This Mom-- I'm so sorry I didn't know about your SURGERY!? Yuck at the screw up. I wish I could have been there for you. I'm glad I helped if even a little bit.

Your kids are also incredibly adorable and growing up way to fast. Much love girl.

Annie!!!--That's such a better story than mine. LOL. I'd flip.

Andrea--I mark all as read every time I go on vacation!!! I don't follow her, but I must now... oh yes I must.

Keith--I'm going to go with you... it's a PC ghost... we must do something about that. I hope mine just starts to be "okay" again.

Papa K said...

Been there... done that on the "can't sit on the toilet" soreness. You know what though... that means you got a good workout!?

As far as the ghost goes... I hate ghosts. Never had one... nor do I want one. I can't watch those shows... they give me nightmares... seriously.

ModernMom said...

I vote it's a fake ghost. Tell it to go into the light baby:)

Dawn Smith (Bee and Rose) said...

I say call Ghost Hunters and then your hubs gets to be on TV!

Kazzy said...

Ooooo, lunges... they hurt sooo good!

Tiaras said...

I'm impressed you work out at all! I HATE TO EXERCISE!!!!! I think your ipod is wonky defective girlie!

Here you Go SciFi Dad