Tuesday, September 7, 2010

You Might Be A Redneck If...you were ME this weekend.

First of all, I'd like to thank all of you who said I was hot. I'm not going to lie... I liked hearing it.

That post (the post below this one) was suppose to be more of a coming-out-of-the-closet-I-hear-voices kinda thing. But I'll take the, "you are hot" comments also.

It's good to know that some of you hear those voices too, which makes me again, totally normal.

Labor Day or weekend, to me, means that something is going to happen that we can't see a professional to help us because they are on vacation too.

This year it was my OnLay-let me break it down for ya.

Sunday rolls around and I'm fine, well sort of fine, the fine where you have a fever inducing head cold Friday night and Saturday you are in a drug induced coma, so Sunday you feel slightly better... fine. Sitting there, chatting away, laughing, causing raucous when all of a sudden I see a bag full or red cinnamon bears.

I love cinnamon anything. Something those of you who know the day I was birthed from my mommy's belly should note.

Of course, I couldn't help myself, so I had one.

Or two.

I believe I was on number two, when OUT OF THE BLUE, I get this horrendous pain coming from the upper right side of my mouth.

My tongue goes to explore... and what does it feel? Nothing! That's right... a gaping hole where my tooth (onlay) should be!!!

If you have read me here at all for ANY decent amount of time you would know that... I'm a teeth person, (I think it stems from my parents never taking me to the dentist and my teeth starting to disintegrate so that they would HAVE to take me--some painful visits later) that once I paid for my own insurance... it was something extremely important to me.

Let's say I may have been a little dramatic... and may have freaked out a bit.

Of course, there are Emergency Dentists in town... but you have to pay some indecent amount of money for a "weekend/holiday" fee and everything up front... that your insurance will pay for later. At the time I was freaking out, it sounded fair to me!

Logical and cheap husband vetoed any of that.

So... all of that to tell you... I'm sportin a redneck tooth right now. Gaping hole with the little amount left it has just hanging there... I throw up a little in my mouth every time I look at it... or brush it... or anything. It's invisible to the human eye unless I open wide and tilt my head back... but it's there, and I KNOW it's there and that is all that truly matters.

 I went to the dentist this morning... guess I have to crown it now. I don't care, I just want it back to normal.

And NO WAY am I posting a picture of it... but if I did, it'd look something like this.

minus the hot guys and put my face there instead. Picture from HERE.
How was YOUR Labor Day Weekend? And why does something ALWAYS happen to me or my husband or kids when people aren't WORKING!?


Love, your redneck friend,


28 comments:

veronica said...

Oh man! That really stinks. It doesn't make you any less hot though. It just makes you attractive to a whole new demographic.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

bwahahahahaha... Veronica! ha! That is funny... and something to think about :)

Malea said...

Oooor, you could go public with it. Public school that is:): http://maleascott.blogspot.com/2008/09/scott-themepark-features-emotional.html

Andrea said...

*service unavailable* Efhg, blogger...

I think I said it would have been better if you could have worked in a bathroom somehow...but since blogger ate my comment...it's just not as funny the second time.

I watched Reds games and hosted a bbq.

Anonymous said...

LOL. I've been there, sort of. A few years ago, part of my back tooth came out with a piece of bread at the beginning of the Christmas holidays. I had a few very annoying weeks as a redneck before I was able to be seen by the dentist & got an inlay.

Fast-forward to now, and my bro now has a dental practice 45 minutes from me. Weekend/holiday emergencies??? - now covered as long as he is in town.

Good thing I was nice to him when we were kids, so he doesn't go all "Little Shop of Horrors" on me.

Sorry about the crown thing.

~JT

Devri said...

When I was little I chipped my front tooth. they fixed it, and I forgot about it, until one bleeping day when we went out to a chinese restaunt with the rest of the bishopric.. Before you knew it, I said to myself.. Where the hector is my front tooth?.. only a little piece of it was there.. I about died, specially since I forgot that it had been chipped till no end! hoi At least yours isn't that noticable.. Well, unless you make out wit your hubby!

♥Georgie♥ said...

Oh My ...my weekend doesnt compare to yours snaggle-tooth...i kid i kid...=)

♥Georgie♥ said...

OHHH and i still think your HOT!

Kristina P. said...

There is very little things worse than tooth pain. Hope you get it fixed soon!

PorkStar said...

Lmfao... Awwwww you poor thing. I hope they fix your mouth and you feel better. Regardless of you being a toothless redneck, you are still hot. Now lets imagine a toothless hillbilly.
*thinks hard*
holy crap!!!!!!
Kinda scary, but good think its my imagination.

Eh whatever, all that matters is that you are ok and so are your teef. Except for the one that busted.

Keep us posted on your oral issues.

I mean tooth issues.

Emily said...

You poor thing! I'm a bit neurotic about teeth, so much so I often dream about losing them and it freaks me out. Our Labor Day was spent in St. George where my oldest proceeded to sprain her ankle. It was awesome.

T said...

I have lots of OCD teeth moments... seriously - have to brush them at least 5 times daily. (this is good... it used to be 40... I'm a recovering toothpaste addict)

My front tooth is a veneer - and I've had horrible nightmares about it coming off... so I totally get it... totally.

Kat said...

OH boy! I am a fellow tooth person. I don't know if I could handle that happening to me. I feel for you! You are much stronger than me. I'd have managed an online quickie divorce, and THEN gone to the dentist...because the teeth win :) LOL I hope it's all ok now!

Barbaloot said...

Oh my gosh---I really think I would die if that happened to me. Pardon my french, but screw high costs! There is nothing that would keep me from my dentist at that point. You are a saint of some sort for waiting it all out!

SciFi Dad said...

Ewww... I hate teeth stories. Thanks for that.

My Labour Day was spent selling lemonade (actually, my daughter sold the lemonade to raise money for our local children's hospital).

Garden of Egan said...

Wow, them wuz some HAWT lookin' men you posted.
Yummy.
Makes me wanna barf.

wendy said...

Wha ha ha ha....Shelle the Redneck.
love it.

I had a tooth break on some popcorn once. It kinda freaks you out eh. That whole getting them crowned thing bites. (no pun intended)

crazy things happen to you Because...well...probably forordained or something.

Danielle said...

Just think how many more cinnamon gummies you can eat without teeth!

CityMom2 said...

Oh Shelle I am so with you on teeth! Same thing, we went to the dentist but never to make them pretty. My husband's family are TRUE rednecks because he could NEVER understand why the boys and I went twice a year for checkups! AND I gladly took them to orthodontists.

Didn't your dentist give you a temp?!?! You can get dental wax to protect your poor little nerve from hot and cold but you really need a temp.

I'll keep you in my teeth prayers.
Citymom

Heidi said...

Oh, no!~ So not fun! Hope it gets fixed soon!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Malea-bwahahahahahaha...oh poor thing!

Andrea-i know it! Happens to me all the time and I get so mad! LOL @ bathroom! I thought that was funny the second time! Your weekend was way cooler than mine!

JT-yea good thing you were nice to your brother!!! Nice perks! That is one thing that kept scrolling through my brain, that I wished I KNEW someone that could just fix me real fast like!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Devri-okay, yea it was my front tooth... And get this, he refused to make out with me! Pppfffttt! As if!?

Georgie- lol @snaggle tooth! You like rednecks? :) hehehe

It's going to get fixed soon... The pain was only at first and then just cool and hot sensitive... Thanks.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Porkstar-it's horrible, but I'm so happy you can see past it all. I will for sure keep you up to date BFF! :)

Emily- I dream about that too!!! I wasn't going to say anything, but since you did... You came down and didn't say anything!? Poor daughter though :(

T-40 times!!! You're exaggerating!? But yea, the front one would be kinda funny to see if it came off :)

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Kat-lol@online quickie divorce! I tell ya... I thought of everything BUT that! Hehehe

Barb-thank you! You get me. That is exactly how I felt!!!

SciFi-hahaha @ ewww... Your welcome. That is so cool about your daughter! Seriously awesome.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

GOE-your welcome girl... I knew you would love them. That pic was just for you! Lol @ barf!

Wendy-it has to be fore ordained! Yea it's going to bite getting that crown in (no pun intended) :)

Danielle- I like your glass half full attitude! :) hehehehe

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Citymom2-yea it's all good now... That hot cold sensitivity stunk for a day and a half... But I persevered. Thanks for the prayers... I'll need them when I get the crown molded or whatever! :)

Heidi- thanks girl!

Melissa Bastow said...

I'm generally not fond of the redneck look, but I'll make an exception for you. I'm sure you'd look fabulous with absolutely no teeth. Or maybe all gold teeth. Or maybe just a big gold one in the front that's bigger than your other teeth so that you can't really close your mouth all the way without it sticking into your lip. Yeah, you'd still look fabulous.

Que said...

I'm sure you still look hot... depending on where that crazy tooth is! :) And since you didn't leave a pic of it I'm going to imagine it right in front so it can shine for the whole world to see.

Here you Go SciFi Dad