Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Lets mix some church and state!

May 1st, 2008

Let me introduce you to my nephew here...Z-Dog. I instantly bonded with this kid at birth...you see...I was there, at his birth, when he joined our crazy family! I was blessed enough to watch the whole event and I can honestly say it was so amazing and such a miracle to watch him being brought into this world, especially since my sister, Dance Master, gives birth naturally...(without medicine)...yea, she kicks butt!

Z-Dog is definitely one of those kids that says and does the most random things. His imagination is by far one of the most creative I have ever known...Z-Dog being the oldest out of the boy cousins, he always has DCar doing something that he has conjured up in his head and it has brought us some very funny memories. The memory that always, without fail, makes me smile or laugh out right when I think about it is the following story:



Being a memeber of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints or "Mormon", (not to be confused with the FLDS belief) we have the opportunity once a month to stand in front of church members, friends, and family, and share our testimony of what we believe! It is a first come first serve sort of system...you feel the need or the spirit prompt you to share then you proceed to stand in front of the pulpit, and if you're me, start to cry and fumble through your testimony...but anyway, kids are also encouraged to stand up and share with us how they feel about the gospel...because even the beginning of a testimony needs to be shared...


Z-Dog being pure boy and not caring a wit about what other
people think decided that he MUST get up and share his testimony...I think the
fact that his older sister was going up and him not wanting to be out
done...decided to follow her up...I don't think he actually realized the
magnitude of his decision until he sat down to wait his turn to bare his
testimony!

Finally after waiting there for a good 10 minutes, it
was Z-Dog's turn. He begins normal...is thankful for his parents and his
blessings, believes Joseph Smith to be a true prophet, believes Gordon B.
Hinckley (obviously this was a couple of years ago) to be the prophet leading us
today...and then proceeds to say, "and to the republic for which it stands, one
nation, under god, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all...oh and
Amen"
.

I lost it...it was so dang cute...and he flowed right into it
without hesitation that it took a couple of seconds to register that he went
from testimony...to saying the Pledge of Allegiance. I think he was
meaning to say, "I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ...Amen", but
somehow reverted to the pledge...either way...totally funny and the congregation
laughed out right because it was so unexpected.

The
aaaahhh...moment came when Z-Dog came back down to sit with us and had the
BIGGEST grin on his face...he was so proud! I mean its scary to do something like that...I believe he was 5 or 6!




***If you have an extra 2 or 3 minutes you need to hop over to Nazel Gazing at its Finest and read this post...She is such a clever and witty writer, but this post for me takes the cake...it involves her little girl so I thought I would share it with you guys! It is so much like me, I felt I was reading out of a page in my journal I keep in my head...because her reaction is exactly what I would do and think! So funny!

****Remember if you have something that you feel is funny that involves your kiddo's, brats, punks, or rugrats...please send it my way by email or in a comment box so I can share it on my blog and we can all laugh about it with you! Excellent Therapy!!!--Shelle


Posted by Picasa

Other things to read

Blog Archive