Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A band wagon jumper on-er...

I can't believe this has happened to me... a complete parent FAIL!!!

My daughter is a band wagon jumper on-er!!!

It's true.

Yesterday she was wearing a Justin Bieber shirt and reading a Justin Bieber book...

This morning I walked in and found this hanging up on her push pin wall...


It's true... a Justin Bieber poster!  I may have bought the shirt and book for her with begging and pleading... but a POSTER!?

I'll understand if you judge me, I would do the same in your position...

The apple, however, hasn't fallen too far from the tree... I remember putting up a poster, or two, of New Kids On The Block when I was younger... but I had reformed and thought that I could teach my children better... apparently I failed.

Do you think I can find a support group?  Let me know, I'll wait here and wallow in my failure.

Have a good Tuesday everyone!

16 comments:

PorkStar said...

I don't know what to say Shelle, your kid may need some intervention after that event. Or maybe you do too.

I'm not judging you. But I'm LMFAO

T said...

not judging, not even laughing... just smiling REALLY widely - because my daughter may or may not have a Zac Efron blanket/poster/pillow... though they've finally taken less prominent places in her room :P

Stephanie Faris said...

My stepdaughter went through that phase a year or so ago. She's 11...for reasons she blamed on him allegedly hitting that kid at Laser Tag (the rumor was, he was in jail for it), she and all her friends dropped him as an interest like yesterday's newspaper. We tried to tell her the truth about what happened, as we knew it, but it didn't matter. It's not about what SHE thinks but what "everyone else" thinks. As in, "Nobody likes Justin Bieber anymore." (Yes, she speaks as though the 20 people she knows represent the entire human race.)

Kristina P. said...

Joey was my main man. But that only lasted for about 6 months.

3GirlKnight said...

If that's parental failure, then I'm aiding and abetting. I made my girls a mixed CD and I admit, there are a few JB songs on it.

Barbaloot said...

Too bad she didn't do this last year so she could be the band wagon starter.

PJ - Our life said...

Both of my girls jumped on that bandwagon too!! My youngest has 4 posters of him by her bed. Luckily you only have one, so far!!

SciFi Dad said...

Sounds like someone's room needs a visit from the daddy likes to pretend he's Wolverine and put exacto knives in between his fingers fairy.

Rance said...

There are no words!

Nolens Volens said...

You are out of luck. You nurtured her passion for the boy. ;)

Garden of Egan said...

I will still be your friend........but I may judge you.

Melissa said...

I had Shaun Cassidy wallpaper that I made MYSELF out of posters and pictures from "Tiger Beat". There wasn't a centimeter of my bedroom wall exposed.

And my mother bought me sky blue pants that had Shaun's face on the bottom!

I think you're doing pretty well!

Love,
Melissa

~DokterKenny said...

She should probably know Justin Bieber is dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9fpa56iXNs

wendy said...

BAND WAGON JUMPER ON-ER.
That is funny.
You know Justin Beiber is from Canada don't you. j/s

I have Jimmer posters on my wall
.......no, j/k

how do you like my computer talk
j/s...j/k
I am jumping on the band wagon

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Oh Hell No, she dirrent! Bieber! Following the proverbial sheep.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

oh Hell No, she dirrent! Bieber! The proverbial sheep follower...she fell into the Bieber Trap.

Here you Go SciFi Dad