Wednesday, February 3, 2010

WIMTSW--You suck.




It's that time of the week for Chief's What I Meant To Say Was or WIMTSW...

Subject: Half Marathon... after telling a "friend" that I was training for a 1/2 Marathon she said, "Oh! I'd never do one of those again! It was so hard and the worst experience I've ever had!"

Me: "Did you train for it?"

Her: "Well kind of. I did a few small runs before and then did a 10 mile walk the weekend before so I wouldn't wear out my body."

What I said: "Yea I know it will be hard but I am going to do it no matter how much I hate it when I'm done, but I hope that I don't hate it because I'm training for it so I hope it will be a good experience and I'll be ready for it."

WIMTSW: "That LAST thing someone wants to hear when they are putting themselves out there to do something and train for it is how HORRIBLE it is. Seriously, leave that info to yourself. Nobody wants a Debbie Downer when they have HOPE they are going to survive!!!

and I wanted to say...

You SUCK."


Okay... Hop on over to Chief's. Just click the pretty picture above and see who else is playing!

Love,

14 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Gross-who would ever say something so horrid to you when you're putting in a serious amount of work to accomplish something so huge?! I mean...sorry. But in my defense-I trained for mine:)

Good luck!

Kristina P. said...

Personally, I think marathons are ridiculous. That is what I would want to say.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Barb- girl I lub u tons! I totally forgot about our little conversation on Facebook. This was a girl down here! :) lol! U did say good luck and u hoped the best for me! So u were all good! Hehehehe

Kristina-i know! Yet, I'm doing one, cause I'm that ridiculous, and maybe a little dumb? Lol

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

You go! I'm too scared to even let my brain think half marathon. I like running....just not that much!

Jessica Stier said...

That's like when you're pregnant and people feel the need to tell you all their horrible birth experiences. Especially after they find out that you do natural childbirth.
Crazy!

Emily Anne Leyland ( Art-n-Sewl) said...

More power to ya girl!! One day I'll be fit enough to run a marathon. Good on ya ;-)

Lil Bit said...

Best of luck in the marathon (fun meme-y thing, this WIMTSW).

Thanks for your recent visit to Sage's mask over in my Masquerade room. =)

Chief said...

This is a form of the One Upper! The deal breaker!

Like when you say your pregnant and someone says "ooo... I have terrible pregnancies"

dumbasses!

Coachdad said...

I have done two full marathons...it's easy. You'll do fine and want even break a collarbone!

mother goose said...

congrats! I have the most admiration for marathoners! I used to be a runner but I had a knee blow out and it never healed correctly after surgery, running is painful. It could do with the extra weight. YOU THINK?? LOL

The Garden of Egan said...

You have inspired me .... to shut my mouth....and NOT tell anyone that I'm going to do a 1/2 this summer.
Thanks for the advice. Yup she does suck!

Homer and Queen said...

I would have laughed...in your face!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hello

Best VPN Service

We offer the best VPN service available. Access blocked websites and surf the web anonymously.

Here are the features:

- Access blocked websites
- Surf anonymously
- Hide your identity
- Watch Hulu or BBC iPlayer
- 100Mbps connections
- Unlimited bandwidth
- No logs are kept

You can sign up here. Price is only $3.95/month. :
[URL=http://www.vpnmaster.com]www.vpnmaster.com[/URL]

Anonymous said...

Instantly translate entire web pages, blogs or documents in a single click using our miraculous online translation software. Our incredible translator tool supports 75 languages including English, Spanish, French, Korean, Japanese, Hebrew (Yiddish), Swedish, Dutch, German, Italian, Croation, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Portugese, Russian, Serbian, Turkish and more! It also comes loaded with a leading dictionary, spelling and definition package. Use our simple and intuitive translation software to translate words, webpages or document formats such as Word, PDF and text. Download our amazing translation software for free and start translating now!

You can download it here:
[URL=http://fishbabel.notlong.com]Babel Fish[/URL]

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad