Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Yea sometimes I have an opinion!

Okay you guys, I've held my tongue for over a week now, but it has to come out!

Can we talk about Adam Lambert? Max Hall? People going to President dinners uninvited?

I kinda wanna just make fun and tell you my opinion... is that okay?

If not... then why the HELK are you reading still??? Cause you KNOW I'm going to tell you regardless right?

Okay.

Adam FREAKING Lambert. YOU'RE GAY! We get it. I'm Heterosexual. I don't feel the need to parade my sexuality all over, grant it, I didn't almost win American Idol and I'm not famous... but give me a break!

I'm twittering the day after the American Music Awards and all I read about is Adam this and Adam that and WHAT WAS he thinking. Being the open minded person that I am and the most curious person that I am, I immediately YOUTUBE searched his performance (no longer can access it)...unfortunately my little 4 year old girl, PeePs was at the computer with me...

And then starts the worst performance I HAVE ever seen, and the fact that I had to exit out of the window because it my daughter was standing right there made me feel sick! Now I can pretty much forgive almost anything if it has a good voice and a crazy beat (remember-me=open mind?) so my intention when searching out Adam's performance was to Nay Say the critics because admittedly I was an Adam fan during American Idol. Adam has an amazing set of pipes on him.

But that performance. His voice, well, for lack of a better word, sucked. The beat of the music sucked also. Then within the first 30 seconds of the song I'm watching one of his dancers put his head by Adam's most PRIVATE part...YUCK YUCK YUCK, and THEN he proceeds to walk another dancer, like a dog, on the stage, classless. Not to mention the kiss at the end.

You're Gay. Get over it. You don't need to make a statement about it in your performance.

And my Gay friend thought it sucked also... just saying.

*********************************************************

Okay, onto Max Hall, quarterback for BYU. WHY oh WHY did you have to make a statement like this:

"I don't like Utah. In fact, I hate them," Hall said. "I hate everything about them. I hate their program. I hate their fans, I hate everything.... I think the whole university, their fans and their organization, is classless. They threw beer on my family and stuff last year and did a whole bunch of nasty things. I don't respect them and they deserved to lose."

Now all you will be remembered by is this! Yea it sucks that some fans are so ridiculous, hateful, and spiteful that they do crappy things to your family...I would want some kind of revenge also, cause hey--family is everything. But it's just not classy or right the way you went about it, and HATE is such a strong and remembered word!
***************************************************
Okay the Party Crashers at the President's dinner thing.

My question is... why are we focused on the random couple and how retarded they are for attempting and successfully completing their stunt... I'm more worried that the BEST security we supposedly have to protect our Nation's President wasn't able to stop it? That they actually got IN!!!

Right?

Shouldn't that be what we all should be focusing on?

And to prove to you how immature I am. I laughed when I first heard about it.

What do you guys think about any of this?

And as always check out Real World Venus vs. Mars some great stuff there!

26 comments:

Jessica said...

amen, amen, amen

Cherie said...

I am with you on all 3 issues!

The Adam Lambert thing is just ridiculous and I applaud those stations and venues that yanked their backing because "Hello" do we need to be subject to that.
I have gay friends and family members who do not feel the need to parade their sexuality in front of everyone - why do some gay people feel this is necessary?
Why was it more OK for Madonna and Britney Spears to kiss? What is happening in our world?

Max Hall - What are you thinking dude?

Party crashers: Yeah it is kinda funny. Where was the security and why are these people getting so much attention.

Ugh

Annette Lyon said...

Yeah, I'm a little freaked that the Secret Service is just that inept.

PJ - Our life said...

Adam = disquesting
Max = classless
couple = lucky son of a guns!
SS = dumb

SciFi Dad said...

I couldn't get past the hairband vocals. After that, everything was a blur.

Margaret said...

I agree with all of this!!!

clan of the cave hair said...

apparently what I get for turning off our cable, and not logging into the computer for several days is I have no freaking idea what any of this is about! But it all sounds like it sucks.

Just Jules said...

I will talk about the party crashers. I think that the press grabbing this and going with it - splashing their faces all over only gives them what they want! That couple is in heaven with their rise to fame!

Beth and Mark said...

I'm curious if that performance affected the sales of his first album. I guess it was a good way to say "Hey I didn't win American Idol so I can do what I want." I don't need him to apologize to me I chose to watch it, but I think this deserves a fine much more than the Janet Jackson thing did. I mean really are we just going to let him get away with that? Save stuff like that for the VMA's where I expect that to happen.

Haynsy said...

Now what do I blog about? If I make comments about Lambert I'm homophobic, if I defend Max Hall then it looks like I'm a Mikey Mormon, and as for the party crashers, who wants the Secret Service gettin' all jiggy on me.

April said...

Adam Lambert=didn't see
Max Hall=we all say things we wish we didn't (There is more to this story than is being told in the media-surprise- I asked before I formed a judgement on him seeing how emotional he was after coming off a win.)
Party Crashers=Scary

Susan said...

You and I are on the same page, sista!

Barbaloot said...

Hmmm---where is Sage on all this? I'm sure his opinion would be worth reading:)

Adam-I wouldn't cry if I never/heard say him again.
Max-it is too bad that he got so intense about this. You're the BYU quaterback and the Ute fans treated your family badly---but you HATE everyone and everything that has to do with U of U? Probly a little too intense.
Party crashers---good for them. Apparently everything that happened in National Treasure 2 is actually possible:)

Homer and Queen said...

Shelle...honey...baby girl. Are you really going to diss my family on your blog? More to the Max story than was on the news but it's ok for you to have an opinion about it, 'cause I love ya!

The rest I agree with...and where's Sage?

wendy said...

Ah Shelle, I love a woman who speaks her mind.
I agree WITH ALL OF IT.
I was sick to death about Adam's totally tastless and dispicable performance. And even more so with the AMA's to allow it to happen. Before we know it, we'll see open nudity and sex right on the stage.
Max Hall --I am SO A BYU FAN, and was disappointed in his comments. What a silly rivalry sometimes.
and HOLY FREAKING SMOKES homeland security. I feel really safe now, how about you.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I love when you guys humor me and agree!

Okay lovely BYU friends that I love so much!!! I am not slammin or dissin your man Max, I just am saddened that that is what people will remember him by, cause he's a great player, but his words were strong :(

And I bet my life that Sage has no idea about Adam Lambert or what Max Hall said, but he might of heard about the party crashers cause it dealt with the prez?

I guess we will have to see if he shows his face or voice around here?

Lubs you all :)

Daddy Geek Boy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daddy Geek Boy said...

Adam Lambert's performance may have sucked, but it had everyone talking about it the next day which I'm guessing is exactly what he was going for.

And really, is it that much different than Madonna's early antics? She flaunted her sexuality just as much. And yes she got flack for it, but I feel the venom directed at Adam Lambert is because he's gay.

I don't have a problem with a performer like him pushing some buttons that I think need to be pushed at times.

It pissed me off that Good Morning America kicked him off the next morning. I don't think they would have done that to Madonna.

As for the party crashers...They too are getting their wish cause everyone's talking about them. Can we all collectively turn a blind eye towards them?

T said...

kinda glad I missed the whole Adam thing... after that description I'm SURE I'm not going to seek out a replay!

Max Hall... ugh, sometimes the boy should THINK... wish we could talk about the awesome last seconds of the game instead of his comments, but they were so inflammatory that the game itself didn't get much press compared!

and the party crashers - yeah - find out who was responsible for letting them in and send them to the unemployment line. The people themselves - lame... really.

Kritta22 said...

LOL I thought the same thing when I heard about the party crashers. How the crap did they get into the White House if they weren't invited?! I wanna try.

But I guess they actually were invited.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy do I have opinions too.

Adam Lambert - didn't see it, not going to, not gonna give him the time o' day.

Max Hall- (Sorry Cougar fans) - a mediocre QB, especially compared to the likes of Steve Young. Now this will be all he will be remembered for. Of course there is probably plenty more to the story, but that doesn't excuse any of it. Making such harsh comments at a press conference after a win makes you look like a sore winner, which is way worse than a sore loser. Better to hold one's tongue in the heat of the moment than to say things you may regret later. I have to say that I have witnessed first-hand things getting very ugly from both sets of fans in this rivalry, having attended both schools. I wasn't there in person for that one, but it looked like a dirty game from both sides.

Homeland Security: I guess it's on the Obama plan along with everything else? 'Nuff said. Yikes!

Chief said...

I totally understand how max feels though...

last year BYU fans threw green jello with carrots in it at me when I was leaving the game!

psssh I crack myself up

Malea said...

I concur. Totally. Hey, new subject. Flashmob...get back with me.

Southern Sage said...

Adam is gay? I didn't know!


The Max dood I dunno but if that is an opposing team he should hate em.
He should feel all that, every other athlete does they just dont all say it!

I did a funny pic about the silliness @ the white house!!

Shawn said...

Ok---so I am just clueless---as I know nothing about any of these things! But then, I haven't even had time to read blogs---so you know that I have been swamped!!

H.K. said...

I totally agree with you on all of this. And I too laughed at the party crashers at the White HOuse, if they got in-then obviously security there is lacking. I actually now feel embarrassed for them.

My son's Economics teacher was in a fraternity with the husband party crasher and he said he was the biggest partyer and always got out of trouble because his family paid his way out of troubles. I guess he can't buy his way out this time!

Here you Go SciFi Dad