Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A list of Justifying...

Random list of Justifying why I'm not ready for Christmas:

1. Cause I've been lazy, kinda, sorta...kinda.

2. I just barely found my Christmas ornaments in storage and everyone whose anyone KNOWS that Christmas doesn't officially start burning in your bosom until you have that D*&@ (D.A.N.G.) Christmas tree up! Anybody pickin up what I'm puttin down?

3. I'm overwhelmed with those of you that feel the need to post everyday! Since my brain is fried like any character on Fraggle Rock I don't know how you do it!!! I remember those days, those days where I use to have something in my brain to spew forth everyday to feel your brains with useless chunks of knowledge...those days were good days.

4. Ummmm I broke my CLAVICLE!!! (that one was for you CoachDad ;)

5. December schedule for work sucks. No really it did. I worked all day (starting at 4am--this is also where you cue violin music) at a computer doing a schedule and then would have to come home and edit my photography clients pictures until the wee hours of the morning...although I digress, I LOVE to do photography and editing so in that case it is more a matter of trying to tell myself to STOP!

6. Don't want to face the meanies out there. Is it just me or do people seem to be more MEAN around this time of year? I mean with all the selfless giving going on, you'd think we'd be coasting on warm fuzzy feelings all season long... but NO, no can do, you are conveniently stopped at a red light and look down for ONE second to see what made your phone buzz and you have someone HONKIN their horn at you!!! What!? It was a like a SECOND!!!??? Patience is a virtue people...do as I say, not as I do.

7. You guys probably don't know this but I'm kinda a big deal...I've got to make my appearances places (hair dressers, eyebrow waxers, mani pedi- ers) or people start getting their feelings hurt. This puts a dent into my shopping time.

8. My children can't officially decide what they really want. I get one thing and then the next day I question myself as to it being the perfect gift since every time I ask what they REALLY want, one thing, it's different each time (they get that from their dad)...which is just my personality. It's gotta mean something and it's gotta be perfect! It's unrealistic but try convincing my brain of that... Go ahead I dare you. That's like trying to convince me that the 10 extra pounds I've gained post broken clavicle (that wasn't on purpose CoachDad) doesn't look more like 50. Pictures don't lie.

9. AND...cause I've been lazy...kinda sorta. In the way of lazy that I've just kept pushing it to the back of my mind and saying that infamous saying that Scarlett says in Gone with the Wind, "Tomorrow's another day, I'll worry about it then." Until another day is TODAY and you have to worry about it. That kinda sorta lazy...

So what about you guys? Anybody want to help me justify why I'm not ready for Christmas? If you are one of those over achievers...JULES...you are not welcome here at this post on this day! ;) (Just kidding, you know I love ya)

***Now tell me, whose totally bugged I stopped at 9 on my list!!! Bwahahahaha!!!

Love,

15 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Don't worry-I've only been posting about once a week so you can keep up:)

Good luck with the shopping!

SciFi Dad said...

Goodwill towards men is just a line in a song at Christmas when it comes to shopping.

Kritta22 said...

I didn't notice you stop on 9...I was just reading away!
Umm...my excuses are
1. making a human
2. low platelets
3. Chris' bday is the 10th
4. My bday is today
5. Connor is two.

I think I'll stop at 5.

Oh 6...Facebook is freaking addicting!

Alyson (New England Living) said...

Funny list, Shelle! I'm never totally ready for Christmas until Christmas eve. I keep saying every year it will be different, but nah.

John Deere Mom said...

Yeah, I'm kinda lazy too. And then there's the 90 kids I'm trying to teach science to. And the papers to grade. And did I mention Facebook?!

Kristina P. said...

Yeah, I've experienced bloggy burnout. Once enough is fine for me!

Southern Sage said...

is your shoulder better?

PJ - Our life said...

Time is just flying by soooo fast this year. I still keep thinking that it is Aug!!

Just Jules said...

What What? overachiever? me? surely not. Just better at baffling people with b.s. so that they believe this to be true.

I just returned from my first night of Christmas shopping (gifts are needed for *this Friday)

my excuses
1)I don't want to
2) no one has noticed the stuff in the four tubs that are not out and being used to decorate - so I hid them back in storage today
3)I dont want to still
4) I'm sooo over it
5) I'm lazy
6) It is really really cold outside.
7)I don't want to even more now after doing it for one night.

I did get up a few decorations, the tree, and that is it. I am done. I even nixed all gifts to adults this year. That cut my shopping list in half - woohooo!

I am NOT an overachiever, I just have low expectations ;)

MaeRae said...

Shelle, I read your list and asked myself your questions. A broken clavicle? Well lets start with why should you be the one getting ready for christmas? If you were a man, your wife would be falling all over you to make sure you were okay and not stressed out. Okay, maybe not my man, simply because I don't do that kind of Shitzki for him. But either way, pain and injury are enough reason. oh yeah and the anal retentive ocd in me says you should have stopped at 8.

BTW, not even f-n close to being ready for the day...i will be on january 2nd.

Emily Anne Leyland ( Art-n-Sewl) said...

I'm totally bummed you Stopped at 9 ;-) hey you'll get it all done. Merry Christmas lady!

Homer and Queen said...

I am so with you!

April said...

People have been so mean this season! What the what? I didn't know you hurt your shoulder as well. (kidding!)

Zu said...

You stopped at number 9 just to annoy me didn't you?! Honestly, wats wrong with stopping on an even number?! *sigh*
;-)

T said...

a HUGE thanks to you - seriously - for not making me the ONLY blogger out there with a lack of Holiday Cheeriness going out daily.

(and now I feel bad for missing Kritta's birthday - especially since her comment made me crack up)

Here you Go SciFi Dad