Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The reason for the Season with Pictures...

So I've been wanting to do a Christmas post since Thanksgiving. And I just have to say that I'm all sorts of sucky when it comes to posting over here lately.

I have excuses, but who wants to hear them??? I go on automatic zombie zone when I start to read about why somebody has been neglecting their blog! So I'll spare you.

If I took the time to make those cute holiday cards and have my Family Picture taken to delicately write, stamp, and send out to all of my friends and loved ones I would have. But I didn't.

I did manage however to find the Real Santa Claus and I surprised my kids and went and saw him. If this guy doesn't make you smile from HIS smile then you have no heart. I smiled and chuckled every time I saw him pose for a picture ... he was so adorable. I threatened my kids to only ask for TWO things because some of those kids took 10 minutes going down their list of things they wanted and it was HOT in that room!


*He's Cute Huh?*

But now let me take a moment and focus on the real reason for the season.

It's not only that special feeling you get when you see someone that needs your help that doesn't have enough money for clothing or the right size of clothing... and you help them.


*it's just wrong is what it is :)*
(If someone wants this whole Christmas Special people of Walmart let me know and I'll forward it to you...hehehehe)

Look it's Sage!!! Isn't it just cute how he hunts in the deep south???

*bwahahahahahaha.... sorry that was funny right there!*

Okay no really.

Let me just say that I am so very blessed. My family is healthy and happy. I'm happily married and get to hang out with my best friend everyday. We have jobs. Our kids are loved and seem to be growing up relatively normal (I guess that's subjective ;)

And the best thing about this time of the year is that
EVERYONE no matter what their faith or creed gets reminded of our Savior Jesus Christ. Some welcome the knowledge that he atoned for our sins so that we may be forgiven and return to our Father in Heaven, some don't. Some of us celebrate his humble birth and beginnings which was followed by his spectacular life and influence, and some don't, but whether you believe in him or not you know of him. I make it a practice to remember him daily, but I love this Season because everyone gets to remember him--whether they claim his power and influence were real or not.

I hope everyone has Happy Holidays!!!

On Christmas Day over at Real World I will be showing MORE of these lovely Walmart photos so go over there if you want!!!

Love,

19 comments:

Southern Sage said...

That guy is wayyyyyyyyyyy to skinny to be me!!!

The Wixom Zoo said...

Bwahahahahaha!!! Okay, I'd LOVE it if you'd send me that email. My address is wixomzoo@live.com

Merry Christmas Shelle!

Chief said...

what a cute Santa! I love it!

our santa was like 24 years old and when we left Boog said "he wasn't the real santa!" after my butt puckered I said "why?" and he said "he didn't have glasses on and every knows Santa needs glasses! He musta have been a helper!"

phew!

Merry Christmas Shelle! You are an amazing woman.

Malea said...

zombie zone. me too. just like when some people have to start their Sabbath day talks with a disclaimer of why it is going to suck. Merry Christmas, gorgeous. I saw Crystal at zumba. I hope we can both meet up there sometime.

Mama Belle said...

Yikes! One of the reasons I hate going to Wal-Mart. But, the good thing is you don't have to worry about what you look like because there will always e someone who looks worse.

Barbaloot said...

Merry Christmas!

And I'm just wondering, were you neglecting your blog cuz you have a broken collar bone? Seems I heard something to that effect...

SciFi Dad said...

Great Santa photo.

Merry Christmas, Shelle.

David said...

More pics please of the typical American woman. A note of caution here, make sure they don't see the pics or know who you are, unless you are keen to be judged by your maker quite soon!

*He's Cute Huh?*

What bonny children, and such a classy, elegant, and beautiful woman standing behind.


David Edward

Shawn said...

Merry Christmas, my dear----have a great one!

Just Jules said...

How funny are those pics (all of them).

Loverly post.

Daddy Geek Boy said...

Merry Christmas.


Everyone.

Annette Lyon said...

That third picture? Oh, my eyes, my eyes!

I hope you had a great Christmas!

ukyankoz said...

I love the people of Walmart site, but it also makes me afraid of finding myself - or someone in my family - on there!

Hope you had a great Christmas!!

www.agreatadventure-croeso.blogspot.com

John Deere Mom said...

Oh my, those poor jeans! I can practically hear her zipper screaming!

Haynsy said...

Happy New Year!

Okay, first, send me the creepy Wal-mart link, the wife will need to be entertained by it.

Second, I think you did find the real Santa. That guy looks perfect!

Enjoy the rest of the holidays.

wendy said...

HY-Sterical photos!!

Steven Anthony said...

found ya again;) OMG! I have a thing for feet(its one of my other blogs) anyway I walked around walmart once being all stealth like taking pics of peoples feet, these shots kindsa remind me of that...way funny;)

American in Norway said...

OMGoodness... that Santa is just PERFECT! I am sooo jealous! Did you see our Swedish SKINNY Santa with the brown beard? BLAAAAA

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Ha ha ha to what Sage said.

Merry belated Christmas! And Happy New Year!

Here you Go SciFi Dad