Monday, October 25, 2010

My Weekend and cell phone pics

PBR was a blast! For the second year in a row I have attended and been so sad that I didn't buy a ticket for more than one night.

My husband and I had SO much fun! Seriously.

We went down earlier in the day and stopped at the Premium Outlets. Usually my hubs and I argue when we do this kind of stuff because I tell him how and where to drive and he tells me to mind my own business and it just keeps going on and on. But ever since we bought our GPS thingy and use the Australian male accent... it has saved our marriage... no seriously. We just type in the address and Mr. Hot Australian Accent takes us right to our destination.

Back to my man's birthday.

We went to the Premium Outlets. My plan was to take him to get his Nike Shocks at the Nike Outlet, but he wasn't feeling good, yet... I was in a shopping mood. So, I got stuff, and he well didn't "feel like it". I told him that shopping always makes me feel better, but he didn't seem to go for that.

Just as we were leaving the Outlet mall he started feeling better and we headed to the PBR Event.

We sat by guys just out of high school, I swear, but they were super friendly and offered to buy us Beer and Peanuts. They kept talking, and drinking, and chewing (as in tobacco), and talking. It was all a smelly combination... but it didn't take away from the event. They gave respect when the bulls were riding--and man oh man we saw some great action from the Bull Riders, Bull Fighters, and the hot little girl holding up the sign that said, "Bring the Noise".

We had such a good time I didn't think to pull out the camera until the end. So here is what I got of that night.

This is Austin Meier, who was leading overall so was last to ride.  Which tells you when I pulled out my camera after I put it away when we first got there!  Cell phone pic, I apologize

This is us in the car after the PBR Event, cause I'm an idiot! Sorry it's a cell phone pic.



Today my daughter had my Mom take pics of her and my niece with her camera. My camera takes a bit to take the picture-plus my Mom is kinda phone handicapped. I thought they were funny because the first picture my daughter was posing... something I have trained her to do since she could smile on cue. But then the next picture took so long to take they have that-tired smile on both her and my niece, I don't know why, but that always makes me laugh.




How was your guys' weekend? How about them Rangers? Nascar? What else was this weekend?

Love,

13 comments:

SciFi Dad said...

Rodeo? Pabst Blue Ribbon? Flannel? NASCAR?

You're like a walking (blogging?) stereotype this morning!

Cherie said...

My husband does NOT like to shop either...ever! ha ha Well, unless it's for a big screen tv or something like that. If he ever has to go to the mall he gets what I call "The mall face" and heads to Sears to look at...t'vs and power tools - ha ha.
Glad you and your hubby had fun at the PBR!

Barbaloot said...

I love how you've become such a rodeo fanatic.

Please tell me you've watched the movie 8 Seconds?

Melissa Bastow said...

I'm like 99.7% against all things country, but rodeos (and especially bull riding) OH YEAH. It's totally understandable that you forgot to pull out a camera due to the awesomeness you were watching.

My son has the best tired smile ever. It gets so bad it doesn't even look like a smile anymore. It just looks like his face is melting off - since, you know, faces do that when they have to smile for long periods of time (is what he believes).

DCHY said...

I'm glad you had fun! The fact that you forgot to take a picture for so long is the measure of how much fun you had. ;)

Danielle said...

Love all the pics. Looks like you had a good weekend!

Emily said...

What a fun weekend--and a good-lookin' husband! ;)

T said...

what? no stories about the beer soaked purse?

shopping makes me feel better too... that and custard :)

wendy said...

Yee Haw.........nothing like a rodeo to get your blood pumping. I like the small town ones best though cause you get right down and gritty with it.
Nothing like horse/cow poop getting flung in your lap and dust in your mouth and spilt beer on your lap and chewing tobaccy on your shoe.

you guys are so cute together.
HEY...our GPS just has womens voices. I'd love me an Australian accented guy.

Steph said...

OMG! That looks like so much freaking fun!

Kritta22 said...

Oh how I heart you Shelle!!

My favorite is that Peeps always poses. I wanna little girl.

Do you think I could teach Connor??

Papa K said...

How 'bout them Rangers?

Rangers in 5... I'm callin' it.

CityMom2 said...

Oh Shelle baby! I can't believe I missed this! I'm stricken with PBR envy! Thank you for the cell phone peek. I grovel at your PBR finals feet.
Too Cool.
(plus you guys look cute)
citymom

Here you Go SciFi Dad