Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"I don't care what people think", and other random stuff

Hello Everyone... I have things I need to get off my mind... but first, THE UPDATE.

Dun DUn DUN...

Well, went again and there she was, a wearin my jacket again, this time my Hubs was there to verify. He BB'd me this snarky comment, "That is a cool sweatshirt that she is wearing, didn't you have one like that?"

I didn't ask for it back. Let's leave it to me being a sissy.

Okay, next on the Agenda. Brett Farve.

What The Helk?

Are you freaking kidding me!?

A guy with his reputation should have SOMETHING more, uuuhhh, impressive to send out then what he's got goin on... can I get an Amen??? Go HERE to see what I saw... but I'm warning you, you might need a vomit bucket.

Last, but certainly not least, we need to talk about the phrase, "I don't care what people think".

Total lie.

I don't care WHO you are... you care, to some degree, you give a rat's butt.

I don't know why that phrase sounds like fingernails scraping a chalkboard, or teeth squeaking on a balloon, but it makes me go into a short bout of tourette's. I start twitching and saying things I wouldn't normally say when someone spouts that phrase.

Here's the thing, and ESPECIALLY with bloggers, you care. You KNOW how I KNOW you care... cause you BLOG and complain about it and then say YOU DON'T CARE what people think. BWAHAHAHA.

It's not true.

Of course you care. Everyone does. Nobody likes a random inconsiderate email. Nobody likes to be called fat. Nobody likes to be told their a douchebag for putting their opinion out there. Nobody likes to trip in front of a crowd. Nobody likes to be seen by an old high school flame, overweight-hair and clothes a mess-and snot from your 5th kid wiped all over you and them. Or pot bellied and unsuccessful. Ya know what I mean?

You care.

I know it's easier to try and convince yourself of it. But nobody is immune to caring what people think, because there IS someone out there that their opinion matters... stranger, foe, or friend.

So please spare me the twitches.

Sincerely,

18 comments:

PorkStar said...

Uhm
Brett Favre. No comments. I don't do that.

And as for not caring, yes you are right about that. I personally have said that myself but mostly with the intent to get a reaction from other people. When i really, REALLY dont care what someone thinks, I simply don't say crap.

T said...

I refuse to click on anything having to do with Brett Favre... especially considering the rumors I've been hearing... I don't have a vomit bucket handy :)

and I'd like to THINK I don't care what others think... but I do... it cuts deep when someone is nasty about my weight/hair/whatever (except height... then it doesn't cut deep... I can't afford to be offended by some things)

So I care... but I pretend not do because it's my defense mechanism - and then I make a joke (because that's my OTHER defense mechanism) You know I'm really hurt if I joke about some lame rude thing someone did....

Sandra said...

Oh I totally care what people think...unless I think that person is douchebag, in which case I don't care. But if I like ya, I want your validation, and I admit, I'll do almost anything within the legal limits to get it.
I went over to view the naked penis...and now I can't believe I did. Are you judging me? Please don't. I care what you think of me! :) Have a great day Shelle!

Kristina P. said...

Can I get an amen?!?

The "I don't care what people think about me." line is BS. I actually called a friend on that recently. In a nice way. I said that I think it's a rare person who truly doesn't care. And there are people who I really *don't* care what they think about me.

I also find the people who say that are the ones who care the most.

Barbaloot said...

I care what people think. Probly too much. Enough that there's no way I'd ask for my jacket back even if I knew it was mine.

Emily said...

You were right about needing a vomit bucket. (What can I say? I'm the curious type.) What are people thinking when they do that?!?! Wait, I think I know at least with "what" they are thinking...

And I will tell you right out I do care what people think. (You like me, right?)

Cherie said...

Ewww sick. I didn't know anything about it. OHHHHH I wish I could wash my eyeballs out with acid!! ICK!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Porkstar--I hear ya. When I don't care, I don't give it enough of my time... ya know?

T-me also. I will say it more like a joke, but I care. And that is how I release that crappy energy is to laugh about it... doesn't mean I don't care.

Sandra! Ha. I know, don't judge me because I linked it... but it was... ummmm... horrible. And I hate seeing that stuff alone and being the only one having to endure it... so misery love company and all that! I do like you, I really really do!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Kristina P. It just seemed appropriate when I was writing it this morning... don't judge me please. And right, there are people I could care less what they though, but not ALL people. Just sayin.

Barb--you and me both girl. You and me both.

Emily--I am the curious type also, gets us in trouble huh? I lub's you so much EM's!!!

Cherie--I KNOW I kNOW... me too! I'm so sorry... like I said above, misery loves company. I should have given a specific warning I guess... I'm so SORRY!!!

Tracie said...

Well I totally clicked the link. LOL. For those that clicked - think about this - that was probably the best angle he could get to make an impression. He should have sent a disclaimer "things in this pic may appear larger than real life" Haha.
What an idiot.

Of course everyone cares what people think and then we spend time trying to convince our kids that it doesn't matter what people think about them cause we know better. Doesn't work on them - and it doesn't work with us.

Que said...

I never DID like Brett Favre! And I don't care what ANYONE thinks about that!

Papa K said...

When I woke up this morning... I thought, "Man... I really hope I get to see Favre's weiner today!" You know what! It happened!! I'm a lucky dude.

Vomit.

Garden of Egan said...

I guess I'll have to grab a vomit bucket and go check out Brett.

Also, why don't you tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back K?

Always Home and Uncool said...

Brett acting like a dick as a Jet ... so now the picture, uh, cell phone photo, is complete.

wendy said...

I KNEW IT...I DID...
I KNEW, (fantasized) Brett was hung like a horse.
j/k

seriously, he needs to go away now. All his fame and glory has gone up in smoke ( or sperm??, sorry, couldn't resist)

anyway, IF YOU DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF YOU, maybe it's cause you don't care enough about yourself.

self confidence is one thing, not caring is another

CityMom2 said...

Thank you for clearing that up. If I was his wife I'd yank if off (if I could find a hand full)

H.K. said...

You are so right on! There is no such thing as not caring what people think or say. That's why when people say that they wish they could hear people's thoughts, I think "No you don't."

Who wants to know that your new BFF can't stand you or that the dress that you wore to a party, that your husband promised you don't make you look fat- he actually thinks it makes your butt look like the size of Mt. Vernon.

Yes, as long as your human..you care what people think.

binks said...

Yep - you're right. We all care to some extent about what people think. But in the long run, mostly, its all about what your friends and family think of you and not the general population.

Here you Go SciFi Dad