Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I admit...

So I admit it...I love getting on all of your blogs and reading them and also seeing if I know anybody that you keep in touch with on your blog and then if and when I have time I continue searching through blogs until I'm not sure how I got there. Well I got into Shannon's Blog...(who, by the way, I check up on everyday because she is so funny! And she is as obsessive with it as I am!) I immediately went to Emily's Blog...(who, by the way, I don't know, but love her blog) and ran into a post that talked about the Confessions of a Pioneer Women. Well she talked about how great it was so I HAD to check it out...because I'm pathetic like that...so I have to ADMIT that I am now an avid visitor of thepioneerwomen.com blog! She is great with words and stories. She cooks. She takes beautiful pictures. It's just interesting. I also ADMIT...that I have always wanted to be a writer, because since I was very young (and my family can attest to this) I have been an obsessive compulsive reader. I read ALL the time. Since I read all the time I also have a lot of thoughts and ideas that I express to myself in my mind all DAY long. So when I happen to come upon this Confessions of a Pioneer Women, I love the simple thought of just writing about ones life and have such a way to express oneself. I am honestly in love with her Marlboro Man and her country life, it's quite uplifting to say the least, and since I am a romantic sap at heart I love reading her story of how her and her Marlboro man met.

I was going through some old things from middle school/high school and came across my old journals. I'm telling you I read all the time and so always had thoughts and ideas going through my mind. So I would write in my journal. Some of my entries were so everyday boring, but there are some in there that are pretty hilarious! I miss that writing. I miss having that as an outlet. I was such an avid journal writer up until I met my husband and got married. After that it's like life took over and I had such a hard time taking the time out to relieve my stress and write my feelings down. I would end up staying up with my husband watching TV with him, cuddled up nice and snug, and would end up falling asleep. Then I just got out of habit. Now with two kids and a full-time job, I'm lucky if I get sleep...(okay so Shannon you have it worse with two kids that need you a couple of times each at night...but hey I'm complaining about me here...so...) by the end of the day...I'm lucky I get to blog some pictures before I crash at night...and I can't take away from my reading time, because that is my life away from life! Anyhow, what I want to really ADMIT is that I secretly wish I could write as well as the pioneer women, Sherrilyn Kenyon, and Stephenie Meyer! I can write and imagine like no tomorrow don't get me wrong the problem is I have never, NEVER been any good at grammar! I have run-on sentences, commas in odd places, and periods where periods should never be so it can be hard to read what I write...as you can see! Well maybe someday I can follow my dream! I just needed an ADMIT time...especially admitting that I am a BLOG surfer! LOL!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Love the post! emily is jared's wife ellen's sister. i think you should keep writing if you love it! even if it's just for you. just think if you ever get famous then someone can check your spelling and grammar!

Diana Coe said...

Great... I was curious and went to the Confessions of a Pioneer Woman and now I'm hooked... especially since she is providing tips on how to use photoshop... yeah! I also went to Emily's blog... very cute... and now I too feel like a blog surfer :) Time to get back to work!

The Wright Family said...

love your blog ... it's very very cute! Good job!

Lindsay said...

Found you Rachelle...right back at ya! Your pictures of your kids are gorgeous...and you yourself included. Still look the same! Are you teaching dance anywhere; at UVSC; with Lisa? What's up?

Horst said...

OF COURSE i remember you Rachelle Kolb! You are so sassy and unforetable. I love your blog, it is bursting with personality. I love reading it. Thanks for letting me know how to stock your cyberly!

katie roberts

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad