Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shelle rockin the 80's

So thanks for the outpouring of love and concern about where I've been. Thousands and thousands of emails have come in along with Facebook and Twitter statuses wondering "Where for art thou Shelle". (sentence dripping with sarcasm)

I bet y'all are surprised that I had very few people wonder where I was during my week or so of absence... you know who you are... and your check is in the mail. I truly love you as much as anyone can for only knowing you online.

Anyway, I'm not here to complain or tell you how I have hacked up both of my lungs until I decided I was sick enough to head to the doctors where he promptly told me if I would have waited much longer he would have hospitalized me with puenomia. Instead, I just have Bronchitis and a sinus infection that we are treating aggressively. I'm good and it was all so dramatic. Yet I live.

I'm moving on... or backwards... depending upon how you look at it.

Two Saturday's ago MSM and I were invited to an 80's prom night. We freaking rocked it... I meant to take my flip cam and show you how it all turned out, but instead, I was getting SICK--so I totally forgot the flip cam... all's I have is my blackberry and the camera on it.

Here are some of our poses. This isn't the actual Prom Backdrop they had, a PROFESSIONAL photographer was taking our pics for that (yea, these peeps went all out) but we took these at another poster they had made and put up. The night was a blast--I love stuff like this.

I, however, hate 80's hair and still do... but if you are going to do something like this, my philosophy is "GO BIG OR GO HOME"-- even as I was ratting my bangs, my husband walked in and said, "Babe, ya gotta get them higher than that!?"

So without further ado... I present to you... Shelle, how I would have rocked it, in the 80's if I would have gone to a CASUAL prom, in the 80's.

I tried to make this look all old and 80's like to kinda fool ya, but my camera phone sucks... obviously.

Classic Prom pose.  You're. Welcome.

This is suppose to be the... "I am awkward and in High School and don't know how to pose for a prom picture" pose.  We were going to MORP--the more casual prom if you couldn't tell.
 It was a good night... and the last thing I did before the illness over took my life and tried to conquer it... literally.

If I'm absent in the coming days... it's because I'm trying to catch up from missing work and stuff.

If you have an 80's picture to link up to or have a bad 80's prom story... don't hesitate to share. 

We may or may not have done inappropriate things in the back seat of his car... just sayin.

Love,


15 comments:

Runblondie26 said...

Ha, you two looked great. Love the outfits. Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Kristina P. said...

I would wear those legging year round!

You guys look hot!

T said...

the 80s shindig I threw a few years ago had a bunch of duds show up... seriously, a few turned up collars on your polo shirt just doesn't cut it guys... not a single side pony or Hair to Heaven look amongst them...

no worries - I rocked it all alone with my purple and lime green outfit and earrings that doubled as bracelets in their spare time!

LOVE the legwarmers!

and yes - we're hoping you feel 100% better in the days to come - you know you can call if you need some chicken noodle soup right?

only not today - because I'm laid up on the couch with the backache from Hades... drowning my sorrows in Powerade Zero...

(and nobody has sent me any wherefore art thou messages either - does that make you feel better?)

mother goose said...

you look great and so does your man! I am going to throw an 80s party here! but, I am going to lose the holiday weight first! I love love it.
So, it took me a while to find the post where I had shared my rockin' 80s hair.
Careful not to knock your eye out with my big hair or huge door knocker earrings.
http://solomonsurprises.blogspot.com/2008/12/fantastic-friday-2.html

i did notice you weren't blogging. I kept checking my side log to see if you had posted anything recent. I figured you were out on vacay and not near dead on your bed! So, glad you are feeling better and have come back to us!

Barbaloot said...

Wait---you were missing?
Oh--just kidding! I'm glad you're in the process of suriving and I think you and MSM fully rocked the 80s look. Right down (or up?) to his pink glasses. RAD!

I went to an 80s party a couple months ago and just barely posted a picture of it on my last blog post. Great minds... Mine has other pictures as well, but the 80s are definitely representing.

Emily said...

Glad you are feeling better! And those 80's pictures are priceless! You know how to rock the hair and the pink tights!

Garden of Egan said...

Oh........so you're one of "those" kind of girls huh?
One date with a hottie and you're all in the back seat and stuff!

You totally missed your calling as a child of the 80's.
You so nailed it.

Your bangs could have been bigger though.

Lisa said...

Ok, I have to say it. You look just like mom!! Its the hair. That is actually how she wore it. I'm not lying, I had to take a double look...love you!

wendy said...

I have never been to a PROM in my life. They didn't DO Prom's in Canada when I was in High School. BUT I have prom photos from when MY kids were in high school....and I'd say you got the Pose down just right.

MORE hairspray and backcombing on the bangs however.
You could have gone for a "slut-ier" look (tee,hee)

Papa K said...

I loved the 80's. But I was nine when it ended so I don't have any super embarrasing pics... although I have plenty of embarrasing pictures NOT from the 80's....

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

RunBlondie-Thanks girl! I was just throwing myself my very own blog pity party--you were the first to show up! lol Thanks.

Kristina-- you want them? I may never wear them again unless requested by him and ONLY behind closed doors.

T--I have NO doubt you rocked the outfit... which is why we are friends and get along so well, because we do these things proper! Thanks at your concern and the offer of Chicken Noodle soup... thanks for pretending to take my bait! :) But I DOOOOO hope you are feeling better and your headache from Hades disappeared quickly!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Mother Goose- Girl, thank you for checking your side bar... I'm just proud to be on your side bar! Woot Woot! Anyway--OMGosh your hair is CLASSIC! Huge! You did the 80's right and proud AND you were hot stuff... totally hard to pull off if you ask me. Seriously awesome.

Barb-I had totally read your post and you DID rock the 80's--I had to decide between the side pony (like you) and the fanned out hair. I loved your outfit--you looked way hot or would have as an 80's girl! hehehe. LOL @ the "you were gone?" very funny frenemy!

Ems-Hey girl! Thanks @ tights, I have to take pride in something... ya know?

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

GOE-How did I know you were going to make me laugh... even my husband agrees with you though---bangs should have been higher and bigger! It was fun dressing up as an 80's girl, but I'm not sure it was for me...

Lisa--Oh I KNOW I looked like Mom. Ry was like, "Shelle I thought you were MOM" when he saw me, he kinda freaked! You suck cause I couldn't fit into any of your size 0 dresses!!! We need to give those away BTW.

Wendy--Next time I'll run the bangs by you and GOE--I'm all about trying to be slutier! I can't believe you never got to go to PROM--Weird Canadians :)

PapaK-- you can share those super embarrassing pics anytime with us... oh wait, you do on your blog all.the.time. huh? LOL. I kid I kid--sort of.

3GirlKnight said...

So where can I get a pair of those pink glasses?

Oh, and by the way, I was just getting potty trained in the early '80's. :D

Melissa said...

Shelle,

You looked great! But how could you have hated 80's hair?!! I loved it so much I had it well into the 21st century! Seriously. I can't wait for it to come back in style. I'll be too old for it but, like most old people, I won't know I'm too old for it!

Glad to know you are feeling better!

Love,
Melissa

Here you Go SciFi Dad