Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm not stupid...you are!

Okay first before you read my first "Just Cause" post in like FOREVER... you need to go read this post over at Southern Sage's. And then read Desperado's comment. Great stuff, and I look good in red so I'm in!

You want to know what drives me absolutely batty or what has lately? When people say, "I hate Stupid People".

That always throws me because it always says to me, "Hey, I'm perfect and I look down my nose at those that don't do things the way I do".

Hate is such a strong word, I mean even dislike isn't appropriate. What is required of one to be deemed stupid enough to hate? That is what I wonder, because the times that I have read that sentence in a post or heard it voiced out loud it is always directed to someone who has clearly made a mistake or isn't quite paying enough attention to what they should be doing right?

I find those people entertaining mostly, at the worst a bit annoying, but I wouldn't say I hated them, mostly because at any given time I AM one of them! I mean who isn't? Who hasn't said something that put their foot in their mouths? Or was distracted at the grocery store or wherever and walked to slow or took up the whole aisle not realizing someone was behind them rolling their eyes? Who hasn't accidentally pulled out into traffic and realized a little to late that the car you just cut off was going faster than you thought? Who hasn't been asked a question or talked about something with someone and took the wrong meaning so what you say doesn't come out as sounding that intelligent?

I think people that say they hate Stupid people, in a way are saying they hate themselves, which if you think about it is pretty darn funny!

This all stems from a car cutting me off in traffic and their bumper sticker said, "I hate stupid people" and I thought it pretty ironic. Then I got to thinking about all the posts I've read, (and yes I still read your blogs but it's usually on my phone, in fact I'm typing this post on my phone, and it takes a lot of my battery to comment), but I started seeing the trend. Almost always after someone says they hate stupid people, their next post is about something stupid they did!

And I Hate those People! ;)

What do you guys think?

Hope you're having a good day!

Love,



P.S. In group therapy today over at Real World we are talking about if women want s.e.x. as much as men do? Go over and give your opinion because I KNOW you have one on this topic!!! :)

17 comments:

SciFi Dad said...

I find it difficult to deal with narrow/closed minded people, judgmental people, and people who like country music.

Oh wait... this was supposed to be about people who AREN'T stupid?

Barbaloot said...

How about, "I strongly dislike when people do stupid things." Can I say that?

No really-I don't like the word 'hate' and I do way too many stupid things to ever justify saying I hate stupid people.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Oh not me SciFi... I love narrow minded and judgmental people!!! Hey...I LOVE country music! This doesn't mean I can't come over to your blog and visit does it?

Barb-Girl I have missed your avatar on my blog! Lubs ya! Yes you can say that... but I'm right there with you, I have done WAY to many things to ever judge in that regard...

Homer and Queen said...

The older I get, I more stupid I get. I am losing my mind!

April said...

Ummm, I'm thinking you are referring to me, cause i just posted on my FB account that I hated stupid drivers! True. Story. hahahaha!

Does it "drive" me nuts when one of them decides to be a pace car in the passing lane? YES!

Does it "drive" me nuts when they just sit at a red light at and don't turn right when they have every opportunity to because they are too busy talking on the phone? YES!

Do I really think they are stupid? NO. I think they are rude and inconsiderate. But so am I at times. It's just that after a long day at work I can be cranky.

In this case it's a figure of speech....for me. ;)

April said...

But I am DEFINITELY allergic to stupid people! True. story.

Southern Sage said...

Democrats. Those are the folks I can't understand.
And people who listen to rap.

and people who are stoopid!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Queen--great, just another thing to worry about! Cause I'm all sorts of stupid already!!!

April--LOL! No I was not referring to your Facebook thing, but I totally remember that now! hehehe. I get what you mean, figure of speech!

Sage--uh huh.

MaeRae said...

It is so true. If people look at themselves they might realize just how stooopid they are.

Alyson (New England Living) said...

So funny! And it's true. We all make mindless mistakes.

Schmoochiepoo said...

There is a difference between stupid and dumb.

I am dumb upon occasion. {ok more often than not}

You can't fix stupid.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Maerae- lol good point :) Stoopid is the key word right?

Alyson-Hey mindless is a better word for it for sure! :)

Smoochiepoo- ha@can't fix stupid! Great way to differentiate! :)

Amber Lynae said...

I can't say that I don't get upset when the people around me keep things from going my way. But that is because I can sometimes be overly self absorbed and unable to see things from others points of view.

But I like to think that there is occassion when I try to think that just maybe it may have been possible that I have been the person stopping someone else from things going their way. So I should be forgiving.

Shelle- you are right we are have done and do stupid things.
One thing that does bother me though is what some other commenters have said. When people are quick to judge the actions of others. And for the times I have done this to others I'm sorry.

wendy said...

I hope I don't do that. I personally relate very well with said "stupid people". There is a particular "bond" there.

We are all STUPID (if you want to use that word) at one time or another. and just cause you KNOW more then me----or I was particulariily "distracted" at that moment, does not make me stupid.

I am blonde ---NOT stupid

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Hey, there's New England Aly. It's so fun to come in here and see all the old peeps hanging out.

And I love seeing April say she's allergic to stupid people because I remember that post. I think it was the first one I ever read. I loved it.

I appreciate this post because I feel like you're sticking up for a dummy like me. MAHALO!

LY and MY

Just Jules said...

yes well, I don't hate. not that I admit ;)

ok - it is true. I can hate the action the person did/made... but to actually hate the person - I agree a little harsh.

I am worried as I like country music too and am feeling a bit hated....sob.

Daddy Geek Boy said...

I usually just say, 'I hate people' and leave it at that.

Here you Go SciFi Dad