Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I didn't break my shoulder and it's not a back pack!

To those of you that wonder "how my shoulder's doing or why I'm wearing an 90's mini back pack": (this one is for you CoachDad--cause I know how you love for me to mention that thing that rhymes with taller phone ;)

I'm sorry if you think it's rude of me to answer, "My shoulder is fine, my collar bone however is still in two pieces, but it's getting better everyday! I like to stay positive", when YOU ask, "How is your shoulder doing?" I can get a bit snappy when it's the upteenth millioneth time you have asked and I have given you the same answer, I didn't break my shoulder, I broke my COLLAR BONE or CLAVICLE (imagine me saying that really seductive).

Don't worry though, I laugh every time...I think I'm being quite witty really!

Let me whine a little here. You see I have to wear this figure 8 brace that pulls my shoulders back so that my clavicle can try to heal and it looks like an old 90's mini back pack or one of those plush stuff animal back packs that kids wear? Yea that is what I have to wear, but there is nothing PLUSH about it.





In fact, they don't make these things comfortable at all.

The sides are something hard then they cover it with a shady layer of cotton and then cover it with this beige looks-like-soft-but-is-really-rough material and my armpits are feeling the wrath!

No lie.

They are being cut into so the blood circulation is barely making it to my fingers and toes let alone my brain which holds my the part of me that discerns between nice and jerky, and let's not talk about the rash...it's sensitive. If I mention it at all it flairs up because it is so self conscious of hiding in the pit...the arm pit that is.

So my shoulder is fine and I'm bringing mini back pack BACK!

All of you that would like to jump on the band wagon now let me know and I'll make you an honorary member of the FIGURE-8-AIN'T WE Gr8T Gang, better known as F8AWG! It's all the rage this holiday season!

***I want you all to know that I satellite stalked Southern Sage's home and saw that him and his family started Christmas light decorating a little early... but they're Rednecks...give them a break. Here's the picture I took of his house and his lights... hehehehe...
Disclaimer: This may or may not be Sage's actual real home, I might have gotten this in an email on the internet.

Love,

21 comments:

T said...

may or may not be Sage's home but it's still hilarious :)

glad your Clavicle is on the mend... I'll go dig out my daughter's tiny Tinkerbell backpack and wear it for awhile in your honor!

April said...

I'm sorry your shou....clavicle is still sore....and I'm sure people are asking if your shoulder is still broken and then try to touch it, don't they! Two of my younger siblings have broken their collar bone, and it's no fun!

Nice to see that Sage goes all out for Christmas! LOL!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

T- ya know that is a most excellent idea!!! Heheheh tinkerbell back pack! I should specify a day and everyone should wear their kids' back pack...make a united front :). Your are so funny!

April--hahahaha! He does go all out doesn't he? Kinda endearing...lol! And YES people are always asking which one and touch them as I grimace!!! Hello! It's broken!!!

Southern Sage said...

bwahahahahahahaha hey I better call someone I'm being stalked!!!

I bet that figure 8 thing is sexxxxxxxyyyyyyyyyy on you!

Kristina P. said...

It actually doesn't look toooo bad. I would only make fun of you a little.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

SS- the restraining order never said I couldn't use a satellite! :). Oh yea it's sooooo sexy, everyone is wearing them now

Kristina- go ahead I make fun of myself daily! :)

val of the south said...

It would be sexy what with forcing the chest out and all :)

I think you should attach a stuffed animal to the back area - that WOULD be attractive!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Val-maybe THAT is why I'm getting more attention! Maybe it's not the brace at all!!! Lol!

I'm glad this back pack thing is a collaborative effort! :)

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Hey, Shelle good to hear from you. Glad you are on the mend. sorry about all the rude people. what can you do?

MaeRae said...

we could be hicks too but I think that would be HYSTERICAL to put in the front yard of our house. It wouldn't happen I will tell you that but it would be FUNNY!

wendy said...

I think you would turn alot of people (guys I should clarify) by saying clavicle ----in your seductive tone, with only the brace on.

takes a long time to heal eh. That bites.

and I love, laughing hysterically, at the redneck Christmas lights. Could be my place.
take care ok

wendy said...

I apparently didn't finish my sentence ....was supposed to say "turn alot of people on"....forgot the on

SciFi Dad said...

It looks like it's made to make women shove their chesticles out.

Chief said...

I totally figured it was his house for real.

I wont ask you about your shoulder, you are getting a bit touchy it seems.

I think I will make my kids wear a brace just like that everytime they slouch

Homer and Queen said...

ew. your pretty.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Hey girl you need to come over to my place and check out my SYTYCD pictures. You will be amazed at my stalking skills once again.

clan of the cave hair said...

I think you need to "upgrade" that figure 8 with some glitter and flowers and crap. It will be way less obvious that its ugly and uncomfortable if its at least flashy!

Shawn said...

Well---better a backpack then a full body cast! :)

Loved the dead deer lights----my bro. in law is a taxidermist---so he would love that!

jenie said...

so your link at HOTDADS...so i am here posting my question as well:

what say you about "marriage is more than 4 legs in bed?" visit back, heartQUAKES

Just Jules said...

that is so funny - the pic and the post. Yes, collar bone (I think I may have said collar on FB - does that work) is not the shoulder. Understand. hope not to make that mistake. won't show compassion out of fear from now on.

Amber Lynae said...

I am so glad to hear your cute shoulders that look good in Red are doing well. I am sorry that your clavicle is still in 2 pieces.

Here you Go SciFi Dad