Friday, October 16, 2009

Where media teaches my kids a lesson...

Okay so after the whole Balloon boy incident I thought I would sit my kids down and let them know... "Hey, if I'm calling your name and you are hiding from me and I say the code word, 'BALLOON BOY' that means if you don't get your butt out in the next couple of seconds I'l beat your BUTT as soon as I DO see you. But if you come out when I say the code word then we will go out for ice cream.

It's the perfect deal and the perfect solution.

Now, on FaceBook I see THIS report and I'm still sick about it. So I shoved my kids in the car and bought them ice cream because it made me feel better. Luckily the kid was okay.



You guys rock my socks. You should check out the apology perspectives over at Real World ... some great reads and comments!

13 comments:

T said...

I think my kids need some ice cream now!!!

Jessica Stier said...

Holy Smokes!!! I want to get one of those strollers!

Barbaloot said...

If your kids are smart, they'll go hide and wait for you to call balloon boy. Once you do and they come out-they get ice cream!!

April said...

We watched the whole balloon incident at my work. I said, to my coworkers, that if the child was not in there, then the dad used it as a publicity stunt. OR if there really was a child in the balloon. When that balloon landed, I would give him the biggest hug I had and then I'd tan his hide....ok, I wouldn't but I would probably hug him till it hurt like he'd had a spankin!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Yes what the what, for sure. I would never have known about it, if not for my son who watches fox news religiously.

J. P. said...

Can you imagine the nightmares this mother is going to have? Even though the baby is fine? four letters PTSD...I practically have it just watching that.---Lisa (COTCH)

Debbie / Cranberry Fries said...

oh my goodness. Thanks for the video. Now I'm going to have nightmares tonight.
Hope your kids enjoyed the ice cream. :)

Devri said...

Oh my word, some one was watching over that family that day! phew! Thanks for sharing this.. (not) lol

Balloon boy call what a great idea!

John Deere Mom said...

Okay, unrelated. That Lego ad up there?! Driving me apeshit! :) But I still love you!

SciFi Dad said...

That balloon story was insane. I don't even know where to begin with that one.

The Wixom Zoo said...

Stupid people should NOT be allowed to have children. The balloon boy story just confirmed that for me.

Malea said...

Ah nothing like a little hyperventalation to end an evening. I just may need some ice cream myself!

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

Oh man! That video is heartstopping. Holy Crap. I feel totally justified in being a super controlling hand holding psycho hyper vigilant mother...and still stuff happens! Oh Crap. I'm going to go eat ice cream all by myself.

Regarding Balloon boy - I was on a business trip in a (I brought the family) and preparing for my evening meeting when the story was unfolding...I was so emotional thinking of the fear and pain that family was going through...and to learn it was all a hoax makes me want to dummy slap the parents.

Here you Go SciFi Dad