Monday, January 28, 2008

Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley...till we meet again!

We thank thee O' God for a Prophet! What an incredible example of how to live life! He is now home with our Father in Heaven and back in the arms of his wife! What a legacy he left. What an example of living to serve our Heavenly Father. I will miss is wit and inspirational talks. Luckily I can read the books he wrote and the talks he gave in previous conferences. I remember that he visited our 9th ward one time. He wasn't expected and I believe he was in the Quorum of the Twelve at the time. I do remember he shook hands and greeted people after the sacrament meeting with patience. I remember feeling that I instantly felt akin to him and since that time he has held a special place in my heart...even before he was the Prophet. While I was watching his biography on the news they showed a clip of a speech he gave at the Nauvoo, IL temple dedication where he said that, and I'm paraphrasing "we have a lot of work to do and we don't have forever to do it!"...attending the temple and doing the work is his message and legacy...I will stive to do my part!

1 comments:

Marci said...

Rachelle, it was fun to find your blog and see all the cute pictures. We miss the old 9th ward!! You are a good mom; I can tell. The picture collage of your two kids together is my favorite!

Here you Go SciFi Dad