Thursday, October 26, 2017

Everybody needs a Klay

I got that phrase, "Everybody needs a Klay" from a friend of mine that I follow on social media and we danced together in high school. She always posts the cutest things about her husband and she hashtags on there #everyoneneedsajare" it's adorable and I stole it because it relates so much to how I have been feeling about my husband and my journey.


Everyone needs someone like my husband on a journey to loving their body. Here are just a few of the reasons why:

1.  Klay in all 17 almost 18 years of marriage has never ONCE said a derogatory thing about my body, not once, with all of the changes and diets I have put my body through...this is a big feat. 
2. Klay is always loving my body by touch and telling me how much he loves the way I feel. Even while I have hated my body he is patient and kind and always tries to counter what I'm telling myself by showing me through his actions how much he loves the stretch marks and extra fluff because it is a part of me, and he loves me.
3. Klay is supportive of any journey I have taken my body on, whether he has agreed with it or not, he has always tried to support it. Even with this journey, when I break down and cry, he consoles me and tries to remind me of why I started the journey in the first place
4. Klay has never given me doubt that my body means anything more to him than attraction and worship. Even with the ups and downs of marriage, even through the arguments, he has always made me feel beautiful and attractive. He has never used my weakness of attached worth to my body shape and size as a weapon to hurt me in the heat of the moment, even knowing how deep of a wound he could make.
5. Klay is proud to be with me no matter what I look like. I have tested those waters many times and he always tells me he prefers me in my most natural state (which in all honesty can be pretty scary), seriously, how can you not "awwww" at that.

If you don't have this kind of support system from the one that is supposed to love you the most and the deepest, then you need to re-think who you surround yourself with. As much as loving one's body comes from within first, it is necessary to have someone blocking the holes of doubt temporarily until you have the strength and the tools to cover it yourself.

I know, without a doubt, I'd be a lot worse off if I hadn't had Klay around all of those years to offset the negative thoughts in my head. I don't know what I do without him by my side as I slowly start to see myself in the way he always has. I realize more and more that I am extremely lucky to have him around. Plus, he's really fun to look at!



Everyone needs a Klay.

#everyoneneedsaklay

Other things to read