Monday, June 6, 2011

Is it abnormal that I pay attention to that?

I've been gone.

I know.

It's been an absolute crazy, however long I've been gone, time.

I have posts to write. Things have happened. One of the biggests things is my Brother-in-Law passed away. The one with Lou Gehrigs Disease. I loved him, my husband loved his brother, everyone that knew him loves and misses him, especially his wife and children. He was the epitome of a family man. I have a post to write. And pictures to share.

Speaking of pictures, I've been super busy getting my new website up, which makes me sort of an official photographer because the website is kickin. I haven't quite got it all finished... but it's there. And I have a blog that I will be updating tons and tons with pictures and with just things about my life. I'm not sure if I'm going to just convert to that blog... or make this my thoughts blog and that my picture--heres-my-life blog. It's all up in the air. Right now it's just posts of sessions I've done and how I've felt about them. I'm kinda all excited.



All of this just means I've been working... ALOT. And it's bitter sweet. Because I need this blog as a release, yet sometimes, this blog creates pressure--if you blog, ya know what I'm talking about. So I've kinda made this a not so high priority anymore. But I still read on my reader and keep up to date with ya'll.

I did, however, want my first post back to tell you of a small experience. It's in the bathroom, at work, AGAIN.

I've told you time and time again, that I think going to the bathroom is a colossal waste of time. I hate it. It's boring.

So I hold it until the last possible minute. Well when you are trying to eat Healthy... which is not a consistent thing for me yet, but I work on it everyday of my FREAKING life, you tend to drink more water. The more water you drink, the less bloated you feel (true story), which is an AWESOME feeling... less bloated... so I was on my gotta-drink-80 oz-of-water kick and as you can imagine, when it was time to finally get up and pee, it was TIME. Well I rushed to the bathroom. Jump around getting things unzipped and pulled down. Then I start to pee. And pee. And pee. Then someone walks into the bathroom, gets in their stall, unzips and pulls down and starts peeing also.

I'm still peeing.

They finish.

I'm still peeing.

After they zip and pull everything up, open the stall door, wash their hands, and leave the bathroom.

I FINALLY finish peeing.

It HAD to be a guiness book of world records sort of record!

So question is: Is it abnormal that I even paid attention to that?

Love ya guys,

17 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Good to see your blog in bold on my reader again:)

Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. I hope you and your family are doing okay.

Cherie said...

First I must say the peeing thing is sooo funny!! I always notice those things, but especially now thanks to Dr. Oz who always has something to say on how much you pee or poo and what it should look like - LOL.

Second - So very sorry to hear about your Brother In Law passing. He sounds like a wonderful wonderful man to all those around him, and he sounds very well loved. {{hugs}}

Cecily R said...

So sorry to hear about your brother in law.

I pay a lot more attention to the weird details of life since I started blogging and even more since my photography obsession started. Glad I'm not the only weirdo. :)

Kristina P. said...

So sorry about your BIL, my friend.

That picture really does rock!

And I've done that. I sometimes think I can pee longer than anyone in the world.

Trooper Thorn said...

A long pee is a sign of a healthy spleen. So, way to take care of that spleen!

wendy said...

YAY...she's back. I was beginning to wonder what the heck had happened to you
But, ok, you've been busy..FINE.

Why is it that whenever we have to go to the bathroom...the closer you get , the WORSE you have to go. I can be holding it pretty good, but once I am ready to unzip the pants I feel like I could piddle right then and there.
Lovely subject eh....why am I talking about this (tee,hee)

VERY sorry about your BIL. It makes me very sad, for his family and for all of you. It is just a very VERY hard thing to go through. Hugs and prayers are about all one can offer I have found.

wendy said...

OH...and my gosh, I just thought of something funny.
about peeing.
My husbands mother was visiting us and during that time, I kept finding little pee drops on the toilet seat. I proceeded to ask hubby WHY wasn't he putting the seat UP when he goes, and wipe if off!!!!!
He then told me that he found out it was his mom. She basically squats over the toilet seat because she was told, that position was a better way to make sure all your pee comes out. She had a sister die of stomach cancer, and FOR SOME reason, believes it is cause she didn't get it all out. OMH.............
well she is 87 almost, I'll cut her some slack.

Kazzy said...

Sorry about your BIL. That stinks.

The new blog and website will be great for biz I am sure.

And that is a riot about your bathroom thing. :)

DCHY said...

My wife lost her brother to a form of ALS (the one that takes boys before they see their 13th birthday), so I can relate.

I wasn't worried about your blog...it's your life and I knew you'd need to juggle before finding the rhythm. If you decide to put BlokThoughts on hiatus or whatever, that's your prerogative.

Glad to know your photography venture is taking off. Next time you're in my neck of the woods, beep me and you'll get to use me to promote your business some more. Who can resist my girls? :)

Garden of Egan said...

Woohoo! You are back. And in true Shelle style.
Peeing? Really?

The photography business is so awesome and I would so LOVE to follow you around and suck the knowledge out of your brain about photography.

I'm sorry about your BIL. What a hard thing.
Such a tribute to him.

Kritta22 said...

I don't have your number anymore.
I'm so sorry to hear about your bil. That's tough.
So I was nosy and read your comments, can you just imagine Wendy's mil quad muscles with all that squatting!!!
I mean we've talked about our squatting or not, over the toilet in public bathrooms but can you imagine EVERYTIME????
I understand about your blogging too. I've done the same ut decided I needed to write down what this baby and I are going through this time. After this idk if I'll continue. I still heart you no matter what.

Jaime said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL. My sincerest condolences.

As for the peeing escapade, I feel like I have the biggest bladder in the world and like Kristina said, I can pee longer than anyone on the planet. There are times when it gets downright embarrassing as my pee drones on and on and on, and women come in to the stall next to me, do their business, wash up and leave and I'm STILL going. Talk about an Austin Powers moment! So no, you aren't the only one who pays attention to these things - I have to admit, I usually wonder what those women must think of ME as I don't stop peeing!

H.K. said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your brother in law passing away. I think its a great idea to have a blog based on your life- I think you can merge it as one which is what I kind of did because life is all about what's going on in your family and your thoughts.

Jack said...

Very sorry for your loss.

CityMom2 said...

shelle,
Very sorry for your loss. I hope there is peace for your family in the future.

as for peeing...just enjoy a good long pee and don't worry about it!
citymom

Haynsy said...

You say abnormal like it's a bad thing.

At least the person using the toilet next to you wasn't standing at a urinal.

That's just sick and wrong.

annie valentine said...

There you are! I've been absent from my reader for the past two weeks, but it's good to see you.

And reading you makes me hear your voice in my head. I love that.

Here you Go SciFi Dad